cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

SIM only tariff

I currently have  a BT Mobile 2GB Single SIM 5G Plan which, with Halo doubling up the data, suits me just fine and costs me just over a fiver a month.

My elderly father has a Vodafone PAYG which is getting expensive to run. He has a simple (i.e., non-smart) phone which enables him to text and make calls and he has no use for data whatsoever. Unfortunately, it seems impossible to get a plan that doesn't have data and the best BT can offer is 4GB for £8 per month. All very well, but why should he pay for something that he will never (and can't) use?

It seems the plan I'm on no longer exists (or at least, isn't visible anywhere) so why don't BT provide plans for people in my father's position?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: SIM only tariff

All BT mobile plans include unlimited minutes and unlimited texts, you choose by how much data you need, if you don't need any just pick the lowest amount.

You can even get data only plans with no minutes or texts, it's impossible to cater for everyone, if your father doesn't use data it will just go unused.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: SIM only tariff

I get that but the price is based on data so while I'm paying about a fiver for something I do use, he'd be paying £8 for something he doesn't use.

You say 'it's impossible to cater for everyone' but that's BS really; it seems to me BT are catering for everyone except the elderly who don't need tons of data.