cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

SIM only upgrade to handset, out of stock

Hi guys. Been with bt mobile on sim only for just over 3 months now. 

I decided to see if I could upgrade from my sim only to a handset plan, it let me as I will just be keeping the same number and upgrading the sim to a handset plan. 

I placed an order for one plus 7 Pro. Once I had placed the order I didn't get confirmation email, so I checked my open orders on my account to find the handset is out of stock and will be dispatched as soon as its back. I rang bt and spoke to live chat and neither could give me a time frame on when this will be back in stock. Anyone with similar experince know when bt tend to re stock? I've checked a few other handsets online and a lot do say 'low stock' although oddly the one plus 7 Pro is still showing as low stock but delivery available tomorrow so not sure what's happened there. The lady on the phone did confirm it was out of stock though.

Anyway, my second question. On speaking to live chat they advised me to place an order for another handset on the same account but a new plan additional line and just cancel the one plus 7 Pro as ideally I need a handset within the next week 

So I tried this(galaxy s10 5g) and was rejected due to credit check.

So my next question is is there no credit check for a sim only upgrade? As I got approved for that, but got rejected for the new line that's the advisor told me to do?

Ive been told I can cancel the one plus order and get a handset that's in stock by calling the team, however I don't want to cancel it, try again doing the upgrade on current sim and it gets rejected (as my order for a new line got turned down) thus affecting my score.

I hope that all makes sense and someone can help me with my issues.

Thanks 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: SIM only upgrade to handset, out of stock

@JamieLeeWVwrote:

So my next question is is there no credit check for a sim only upgrade?

There would of been a credit check, which you passed, when trying to order the Samsung it's most likely factored in the out of stock handset and seen this check as you wanting 2 handsets in total, then declined that, because of the pending order the credit check won't factor in you'll only require 1 in total.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

OK, so if I ring up the sales team, ask to swap the out of stock one plus 7 Pro for a Samsung s10 5g, will I need to go through another credit check? Or can they swap the order over without having to completely cancel and re do?

I'm just worried that would flag up as 3 applications on my file in a short space of time? One of the initial accepted order, one for the rejected new line, and then a 3rd for cancellation of the out of stock handset for a handset in stock
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 6

OK, so if I ring up the sales team, ask to swap the out of stock one plus 7 Pro for a Samsung s10 5g, will I need to go through another credit check? Or can they swap the order over without having to completely cancel and re do?

I'm just worried that would flag up as 3 applications on my file in a short space of time? One of the initial accepted order, one for the rejected new line, and then a 3rd for cancellation of the out of stock handset for a handset in stock @Richie 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 6

BT have a mobile connections team, you'd be best off speaking with them, each order could potentially have a new credit check, I'm sure BT will have procedures in place for scenarios like yours, give them a ring and explain the circumstances or even see when your original order can be fulfilled.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 6

@-Richie-

TThanks for the info. 

I have tried to ask the sales team on the phone about when they are due stock in of the one plus 7 Pro but they couldn't give me a definite answer, they said it could be a day a week or weeks. 

I may just ring them again and just see if there will be another credit credit check or if they can just swap the order over without having to go through a 3rd credit check. 

0 Ratings