cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chayhawes
Message 1 of 4

SIM won't activate. Lots of Errors on account. Can any kindly mods help?

Go to solution

Hi,

I ordered a nano SIM on a monthly contract late on Thursday 22nd, it arrived Saturday 24th and installed fine into the phone (it fits and its an unlocked phone and it says BT on the network at the top and there are no SIM errors)

I went to the bt.com/go page on the phone using wifi and clicked the big activate button.

Nothing happened apart from the page crashing and the SIM hasn't activated and there were error messages, and now the button has vanished but the SIM is not activated.

The billing is set up and working - in MyMobile I can see the monthly bill and it lists the phone number, but when I try to call anyone on the phone a recorded voice says "please go to...website...to Activate your SIM" and the bill says the service contract runs from 24th. But for some reason it hasn't activated (can't send texts either or use data)

When I do go to the activation page again it says "You don't have a SIM to activate at the moment."

I can log into MyBT and it says

"We're sorry, we're having trouble displaying your product information currently. Please try again in 15 minutes.

Recently placed an order? Your products may not show until the order has completed. You can track your order here"

It's been like that for days now (from Saturday morning until now), there must be an error on the system somewhere.

When I track the order it says: "Dispatched. Your order is complete"

Could a friendly mod have a look at my account and either get the SIM activated remotely for me, or somehow reset the activation process so that the Activate button reappears on the go page, so that I can try again?  I can;t get through to anyone helpful, and I've seen mods on here work magic before.

I have all the details to hand and can DM them to anyone who can help!

Thanks for your help.

Tags (5)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: SIM won't activate. Lots of Errors on account. Can any kindly mods help?

Go to solution

Hi @chayhawes,

I'm sorry you're having problems activating your BT Sim. If you contact the Mobile Chat Team, they'll be able to help you activate your new SIM.

Give that team a go and let me know how you got on.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
chayhawes
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply

Finally managed to get through to someone on that team (the chat took more than an hour to work properly!)

but the person I spoke to was fantastic and I believe they have sorted it all out now

Thanks again

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @chayhawes,

Thank you for posting back, I'l glad to hear the Chat team was able to help.

Cheers

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings