cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Samsung Galaxy S9 Annoying Daily Notification

My husband and I both have Samsung S9 phones and our service provider is BT. For months and months now every time we switch on the phone we get a notification which reads:

CID Manager

New Service Provider

Tap here to use your new service providers app

So when you tap, you then get a warning which reads:

To use your new service providers apps and settings you need to factory reset your phone. All of your user data will be deleted and some services may no longer be available.

When you click OK, nothing happens. However we do NOT want to do a factory reset but we desperately want to get rid of this annoying daily notification which you get once you start up the phone. Googling is providing not much information so I am not sure this is something to do with BT being our network provider.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 Annoying Daily Notification

have you tried downloading the BT APN settings again

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thanks. How do I do that please?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

you can try checking and changing if required

https://www.bt.com/help/mobile/getting-set-up/how-to-change-apn-settings-on-an-android-mobile-phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Thanks. Did all that set up BT as per the link, powered off the phone and restarted and sad to say the annoying notification is still there.

0 Ratings