cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Scam message

Go to solution

Good afternoon

I recently received an obvious scam SMS purporting to be from The Post Office requesting the usual fee for a failed delivery. I thought I would report it.

Forwarded the message to 7726. That done, the response was to please reply with the number that sent the message. Being an old fart, I sent my own number. I have since sent the fraudulent number but is there any way I can be sure that my own number is not somehow blacklisted?

I tried to explain this to 7726 but it is obviously an automated service.

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Scam message

Go to solution

I'm sure there has to be multiple reports of the same number before any action is taken, so as to prevent people blacklisting someone they don't like or any other malicious reasons.

Your one time mistake won't have any consequences so I wouldn't worry about it 🙂

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

@-Richie-wrote:

I'm sure there has to be multiple reports of the same number before any action is taken, so as to prevent people blacklisting someone they don't like or any other malicious reasons.

Your one time mistake won't have any consequences so I wouldn't worry about it 🙂

Thanks for marking your post as a solution. Instead I had thanked you as I was expecting one of the Mods might confirm what you offered and then I would have marked  the post as a solution.

A little surprised that others, other than the topic starter can flag a post as a solution.

Thanks anyway.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@Carlushawrote:

Thanks for marking your post as a solution.

Not my doing, I presumed it was you, I don't have any additional rights and I'm a memeber the same as you, I stand by my advise otherwise anyone could abuse the system though.

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Carlusha  sorry, I marked the thread as solved. I didn't think a number would be blocked on a low number of reports and as @-Richie-  if that was the case it could leave the system open to abuse and incorrect numbers getting blocked. 

Cheers
John

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Super. Thanks to you both @-Richie-  and @JohnC2 (my favourite Mod!!)

Such a relief. I will now be more careful with reporting these scam attempts.

0 Ratings