cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drmrbrewer
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Set monthly spend cap to zero?

When setting the monthly spend cap there is a drop-down with options ranging from £5 to £200.  Having an option to set the cap at £0 would be a lot more useful than an option to set it to £200 (really?  does anyone ever seriously contemplate being happy to spend up to £200 extra per month?).

Surely there is a way to set the monthly spend cap at zero?  If not, there should be!  Come on BT!

I should add that our household has six BT SIMs between us, so even with the cap at £5 we could be spending up to £30 extra per month, which is not acceptable.  Might look at EE instead.

5 REPLIES 5
Fiji
Message 2 of 6

Re: Set monthly spend cap to zero?

I agree. I complained to BT about this when our children kept going over their spend. There is no reason for them not to set the cap at £0!
0 Ratings
Fusionmoth
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

Think about it - they're a budget network, they don't have the customer base of an MNO. EE, O2, Vodafone and Three don't need or care for the extra £5 per customer thats likely to exceed their usage. Whereas an MVNO will hold on to that possibility for extra revenues.
Common business practices I'm afraid
0 Ratings
drmrbrewer
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Just because something is common does not make it right.

0 Ratings
Seamaster
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

@drmrbrewer wrote:

When setting the monthly spend cap there is a drop-down with options ranging from £5 to £200.  Having an option to set the cap at £0 would be a lot more useful than an option to set it to £200 (really?  does anyone ever seriously contemplate being happy to spend up to £200 extra per month?).

I have mine set at £200 on all my Family SIMs. I need the flexibility when roaming.

0 Ratings
Fusionmoth
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

I appreciate that drmrbrewer but there's a lot of things that are common in the world, right or wrong is subjective to each person
0 Ratings