cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Breakfastbar
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Should own mobile number be shown on list of text messages sent?

Part of my BT Package includes a sim card for my granddauhter`s mobile phone. On checking my latest bill I found her own number was included in the list of text messages. As I presume the list is of messages sent, how come her number is shown? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Should own mobile number be shown on list of text messages sent?

Hi @Breakfastbar

Thanks for posting. It would be helpful if you could tell us how many text were sent and how many to your own number? Could she have sent herself txt messages to test the service? 

If there are lots and she can not recall sending them the best thing to do is speak to the mobile chat team who can look into the matter for you. 

BT Mobile Online Chat

0 Ratings
Breakfastbar
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hi Dean

Sorry for the late reply but I`v just managed to get hold of my grandaughters phone. To be honest I`m more confussed than ever. For example: 

My latest bill showing text messages from May 4th to May 23rd including 12 MMS messages, 6 with her own number shown and 6 the numbers to which the messages were sent, 10 of which were sent/received within a 3 minute period and each charged at 0.40p. On checking her phone all these messages were just simple texts but had MMS below the message, yet other simple text messages didn`t. 

My previous bill showed similar MMS messages which, when checked with my granddaughters phone, just appeared to be simple text messages although with MMS below the message.

I`m totally confussed. Any help you may be able to offer would be gratefully received.

Many thanks.

Michael Quinn 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Breakfastbar

It sounds like she may have sent some group messages or messages with a gif,emoji or some other graphic that may change it to an MMS which in some instances are not included in their call allowance.

My best advice is to speak to the mobile chat team, and if you still dont get any help pop back and we can ask a moderator to have a quick look for you.

BT Mobile Chat

0 Ratings
Breakfastbar
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thanks Dean, I`ll have a word with the Mobile Chat Team as you suggest. From looking at the messages she sent though they appear to be just simple texts messages of a few words. Thanks again.

0 Ratings