cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david230757
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Signal booster box

My Vodafone contract runs out soon and I'd switch to BT mobile but reception here is poor so I'm using Vodafone's SureSignal box that works fine. Is there anything similar available from BT? I've seen a suggestion it might be incorporated into a new HomeHub at some point but no date.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
JSB1980
Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: Signal booster box

I was about to post near enough the same query. My contract with Three ends in late May and I would like to switch to BT Mobile (unless Three can offer me a deal similar to or better than what I have now, which I am doubtful of, given that I am currently on the now discontinued Ultimate Internet rate)

Though my area is supposed to get decent 3G coverage, my building in particular has always had a poor, almost non-existent mobile signal. Three provided me with a free Signal Booster box soon into the start of my contract, which plugs into my broadband router and gives me an exceptional mobile signal in my home.

I would like to ask BT if they would be able to provide a similar device to what David and myself have now should I sign up to BT Mobile next month. It would be kind of a deal breaker for me personally, as I never use my landline to make calls, so I need a good mobile signal at home.

I would be willing to pay for a signal improvement device, so I hope those in charge of BT's Mobile division will implement this assistance to customers in poor coverage areas if they don't already. Before anyone suggests I go on BT's website and enter my postcode in coverage checker, I have done this already, like I have done with all the major mobile networks, and as I say, the majority of them say I can get good 3G in my area, but I can assure you that, for whatever reason, I do not!

Please reply to this thread with any details on signal improvement that you can furnish us with. Thanks 🙂
0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 11

Apparently their next hub will have this functionality built in. Might be a while before they release it though.
0 Ratings
jonbaker65
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Yep won't be tempted until they can match oranges signal booster box.
0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 11

@jonbaker65 wrote:
Yep won't be tempted until they can match oranges signal booster box.

only problem with the signalboxes is that EE have been having constant problems with them

some have the newer update while other units don't because they are too old

0 Ratings
rsc00
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

I don't believe BT are doing a femtocell and from what I have read they are not doing the wifi calling option either.
Hopefully when the BT/EE buyout/merger happens, BT may adopt and allow a crossover so BT Mobile users can have better signal.
I don't get good signal at home on my BT Mobile so would be interested in this happening.
0 Ratings
rsc00
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Let me just add the word "yet". There are rumours of a programme involving updated wifi routers that also boost 4g signals being developed by BT in a 2 year programme due to end in 2016
0 Ratings
AndyWhittaker
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

I used to be on EE. Changed to Three and had one of their superb HomeSignal boxes which, as already noted, provides stella signal coverage around the home. However, venture outside and the signal disappears. I live in Mottram St Andrew (near Wilmslow, Cheshire) where the outdoor coverage is full bars in one place but take a step and then nothing.

Anyway, I'm now on BT Mobile which works a treat indoors using my original EE Cel-fi unit. Nowhere near as good as the Three HomeSignal box but works just fine.

Bit pricey at £400 a box though but they are legal to use in the UK at least. One issue I sometimes see with the Cel-Fi is that sometimes there is no signal on my Samsung S5, enabling flight-mode then disabling it fixes that. I think it may have something to do with BT being a MNVO?

Andy

Andy Whittaker
Mottram St Andrew
Macclesfield
Tags (3)
0 Ratings
thecolonel62
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

Hi im voda(sure signal ) and thinking of switching.....any updates on BT mobile having a signal box or within hub? thanks

Chappers12
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

I was with bt mobile with 3 sims for a month but had no signal at home or in the garden bt could not help in any way so I cancelled and went with EE as I can use wifi call and works of my home hub now 100% but my son has a iPhone 5 which doesn't have wifi call so EE sent me a signal booster box and no problems but the big thing which I have found out when my mum and dad came over there iPhone 4 both of them connected to the box and now they have full signal and 3G on a bt mobile sim I wise bt could sell or give these and I would of stayed with them
0 Ratings