Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Seamaster
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 183

Re: Signal booster

Go to solution
Maybe this means wifi calling is coming soon, as it delivers the same functionality at a far lower cost to BT than shipping signal boosters out to everyone who asks for one.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 22 of 183

Go to solution

@Seamaster wrote:
Maybe this means wifi calling is coming soon, as it delivers the same functionality at a far lower cost to BT than shipping signal boosters out to everyone who asks for one.

Wifi calling will only be as good as your wifi signal.

Some of us will remember the BT Fusion feature - a very good concept, until you were just out of range of the wifi signal and just within range of the mobile signal. The system had to make a choice, with a resultant delay and brief loss of connection. 

This caused confusion, not Fusion. :smileyindifferent:

Signal boosters may be the way forward.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
pwwhitehead
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 183

Go to solution
Things have moved on since the Fusion days. EE now has the ability to hand over from WiFi calling connection to cellular and vice versa. So in my opinion WiFi calling is the way forward.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 24 of 183

Go to solution

@pwwhitehead wrote:
Things have moved on since the Fusion days. EE now has the ability to hand over from WiFi calling connection to cellular and vice versa. So in my opinion WiFi calling is the way forward.

But that's for EE.

When we have full integration with BT, it might just work.

However, how many milliseconds to change over?

Enough to avoid an interruption???

That's the real expertise in transmission.

0 Ratings
Seamaster
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 183

Go to solution
BT wants traffic off mobile and on to fixed. It's therefore bound to favour wifi calling over cellular signal boosters.
0 Ratings
wilsonlaidlaw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 183

Go to solution
I presume you can only get one of these if your ISP is also BT. Given the problems in the past with BT's dreadful landline service, broadband and the rubbish service I am getting currently with BT Mobile, I would rather shoot myself than transfer from the excellent Eclipse ISP to BT.
0 Ratings
Skipper1986
Message 27 of 183

Go to solution

This is terrible. I just moved to BT because I thought as they were Part of EE they would have WiFi calling. I was gutted until I found out about the signal boaster. Just got off the phone and they would not even sell me one. I am gutted again, guess I have to cancel in the cool down period.  I wish there was another option as I liked the idea of a family SIM. This is terrible selling contracts when they offer no way to get signal at home.  My town is a decent size so I don't know why the signal is so poor.

0 Ratings
MaryGladys
Beginner
Message 28 of 183

Go to solution

I've been a Vodafone customer for years (with rubbish coverage) but I've had one of their SureSignal boosters in the house and things were ok. When the contract came up for renewal I was lured by BTs promise of great coverage everywhere - what a fabrication that is! I can't get any signal in my house at all so I am cut off from the outside world! So I complained to the CEO of BT and a Signal Booster is winging its way to me. If it doesn't work I'll be cancelling the contract and going direct to EE.

0 Ratings
Skipper1986
Message 29 of 183

Go to solution

I wish I knew that right person to log a compliant. The guy I talked to was not having any of it. He was not getting me a boaster no matter how hard I tried. Not even for a fee. You got lucky.

0 Ratings
Archielad
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 183

Go to solution
The signal box is great, Not sure if you have to have broadband with BT we do anyway so not an issue. Think BT is missing a trick here they could really make a difference if the started offering these boxes like I said previously if they charged for them then they would also make money and keep customers happy.
0 Ratings