Go to solution
I think you have been unlucky
0 Ratings
Moonboots
Aspiring Contributor
Message 92 of 183

Re: Signal booster

Go to solution

Today i got this email so must be one on the way.

signalassist.JPG

0 Ratings
Dogandbone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 93 of 183

Go to solution

Well fingers crossed after 96Hrs.flashing green !! the booster has now turned to constant green and both phones showing 5 bars each , calls can be made and received  , hope this keeps upSmiley LOL

0 Ratings
GrandadClive
Contributor
Message 94 of 183

Go to solution
Now your smiling, its the BT,😎 effect
0 Ratings
anniemac
Contributor
Message 95 of 183

Go to solution

Since moving house two weeks ago I have had "No Service" on my mobile when in the house.  I am at present going through evidence collection tests, phoning and texting people and keeping very detailed notes.  Basically the phone works fine outside and zero indoors so the tests are confirming what I already told BT.  I am told that reception in this area is very good.  I am told that if the problem is only indoors, it is not a BT problem.  

Early last week the BT mobile person I spoke to said he would send me something to plug into my Hub which would help, and that I was to use it only on my own system and nowhere else!!  However it never arrived and this week I am back to testing.

I read on here about the booster and I presume that is what I was supposed to receive.  Why is there a reluctance to supply this if it helps.  

My broadband is excellent here, twice the speed that I had before without any tweaking whatsoever.

A neighbour has a Vodaphone mobile with good reception.  Surely after many years with BT, i am not going to have to change provider?

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 96 of 183

Go to solution
Mobile phone reception varies from building to building and it is impossible to know how well a mobile signal will penetrate walls. Things like celotex insulation reflect signals or it could be that the BT mast is further away than a Vodafone mast. Maybe you should ask the person with Vodafone to come round and make a call and see how the reception is? What I am trying to say is, you can’t blame BT for how well insulated your home is.

In regards to the signal booster, it’s is relatively new to BT mobile and there hasn’t been a reluctance but than its only just come out. Briefly last year a limited number of people were given them to test. It seems in the last month that they have started to reissue them. One reason for the possible slow delay in sending these boxes to customers is the trial testing of Wi-fi calling. This is activated at network level and providing the handset supports the feature it would work where ever you are if you have poor signal but good Wi-fi. A box will only work for BT sims in your home. Wi-fi calling May have issues in homes with a signal box switched on so they maybe trying manage potential issue
0 Ratings
GrandadClive
Contributor
Message 97 of 183

Go to solution
Hi Dean007

If BT will not supply a signal assist box one alternative is to hardwire a signal repeater to your house I've done this and it works successfully.
As Dean007 states modern building standards and celotex reflect mobile phone signals so you can have a good signal outside the house but nothing inside the house, if you install a directional yagi aerial on your roof and hard wire that down to a 2100 MHz signal repeater and then hard wire to an internal omnidirectional aerial this will overcome the problem and you'll have good reception in the house, narrow boat, factory.
The system works on all networks at the same time.
Do a search for 3G 2100 mHz signal repeater, cost around £50.00. Delivered direct from the country of manufacture.
Installation, diy or pay a tv antenna installer to run the cables.
The system can also be used to drag a weak signal into your house and be used for calls text and data.

As for wifi calling one company is already doing this, it works well. I'm sure with BT it will work just as good.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 98 of 183

Go to solution

Not in the UK I`m afreaid Smiley Sad

According to Ofcom:

"No-one wants to move home or switch to a new mobile provider only to find they have next to no signal.

But if you are having coverage problems, don't be tempted to try and boost your signal with an illegal mobile repeater - because if you do, poor reception could be the least of your problems.

The unlicensed use of mobile repeaters could result in a fine of up to £5,000 and up to a year in prison."

The potential to cause interference with these devices, it quite high, and they can easily be detected by the mobile operators, so are not worth the risk. Remember that they are also transmitters, in both directions.

0 Ratings
GrandadClive
Contributor
Message 99 of 183

Go to solution
Oops bad boy Clive.

Oh well if wish to take the risk these things are out there.
0 Ratings
Cloudy
Beginner
Message 100 of 183

Go to solution

Morning

I passed the requirements for signal assist.  There appears to be no acknowledgement of the service but I receeived an email five days later to say Signal Assist had been activated .. but as yet  I had no box.  This arrived yesterday.  Plugged in, wired up to my HomeHub 6 and lights turned from red to green around 7pm last night.  It flashed endlessly and is still flashing this morning but I shall wait the obligatory 24 hours to see what happens before ringing again.  I did soft reset once in the hope ...

I say again ring 0800 800 150 and ask for the BT Mobile Technical Team.  No signal indoors is just not an option for anyone.  It works with BT Mobile but the engineer I spoke to was uncertain as to whether the Signal Assist works with EE/Orange.  He said try and see.  I will, once the darn box stops winking green and actually works.

0 Ratings