Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Archielad
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 183

Re: Signal booster

Go to solution
I have recieved my signal booster this morning, plugged it into home hub and straight away have full 3G signal everywhere on my house. Really happy as I live in the outer hebridies so having full signal is great. Super easy to setup literally plug an play. Anyone with poor signal in house get in touch with them and it's free bonus. Well done BT for actually providing a decent service for once, now just waiting on my iTunes vouchers πŸ™‚
Irons
Contributor
Message 12 of 183

Go to solution

I have had my signal assist box since Wednesday. What a difference it has made, Nice to get god signal in my house and no more missed calls.

Thanks BT mobile.

Meteosat
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 183

Go to solution

Having now had the booster for a week I can confirm it's efficacy in providing a 3G signal throughout the house. Whilst not perhaps as versatile a solution as O2 TU GO and it does use as much current as a router, but 24 hr access is now guaranteed, so here's a happy bunny!

Thanks BT

0 Ratings
snyggapa
Message 14 of 183

Go to solution

just got off the phone to 2nd line. apparently giving out "signal assist" boxes was apparently a trial, which has now ended.

please call back in February...

0 Ratings
Archielad
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 183

Go to solution
Glad I got mine when I did then, very happy with it great full 3G signal everywhere. Must have been my lucky week as my amazon vouchers arrived through post also, for once Well done BT. Maybe if I mention about BT infinity getting activated up here then it might happen πŸ™‚
0 Ratings
JohnM52_06
Beginner
Message 16 of 183

Go to solution

I was given the same response that there were no trial boxes left. I have now cancelled the two lines I had moved to BT, taken the early temination charge as a necessary hit and returned to Voda. Really poor service, but no choice since we could not receive any calls at home and to divert to the home phone meant going outside to get a signal to set the divert.

Perhaps at next contract discussion it will be resolved?

0 Ratings
Archielad
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 183

Go to solution
Perhaps BT might re-instate the boxes or charge a small fee for them as they make a massive difference having full signal in house, even wife has swapped on to BT now.
Trial is obviously a success with lucky people who managed to get a signal box, sure customers would not mind paying a small fee for having guaranteed signal in house. BT come on listen to your customers for once.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 183

Go to solution
Currently one up for bids on a well known internet auction site. Bid is on Β£21 at the moment.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 183

Go to solution

@Devon_Dave wrote:
Currently one up for bids on a well known internet auction site. Bid is on Β£21 at the moment.

It could however be registered to an account, and may not work on another account. I would guess there would be some configuration/routing changed made to the original owners broadband to allow a route back to BT mobile.

Value added services like the discontinued Broadband Talk, and the current SmartTalk service, require config changes.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 20 of 183

Go to solution
I agree Keith. Would not be a good idea to get one this way considering they are not on general release yet.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings