Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dogandbone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 183

Re: Signal booster

Go to solution

After being with o2 for nine years  I made the horrible mistake of going over to bt mobile, the bt Signal checker stated very good signal indoors , WRONG. signal most days is unobtainable . So after googling bt signal problems  I came across this site, I phoned bt to request  the signal booster only to be told they are no longer handing them out , although the lady on the phone was very understanding with the problem there was nothing she could do . So I asked about termination of the mobile contract without charges as bt have misleading information on their signal checker site, once again told very sorry nothing we can do for you, signal checker is only a guideline.  So now have a useless mobile phone that does not work indoors or outdoors at my premises .

0 Ratings
Skipper1986
Message 32 of 183

Go to solution

They said it was impossible to get signal assist so I cancelled. I do not see how it is impossible as they had solution last month. New provider has a signal box or wifi calling. Going to cancel broadband too as there are better options. Thanks BT for the wake-up call. 

0 Ratings
CasparBone
Message 33 of 183

Go to solution

Does anyone know whether my EE Signal Booster will work with BT Mobile?

0 Ratings
petereng
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 183

Go to solution

I've had this problem as well so I phoned BT having read your post. Apparently BT have now withdrawn this trial as it was only running for the month of December.  The helpline did not know when the trial will be reinstated.

0 Ratings
harveytate
Message 35 of 183

Go to solution

do you have a copy of the letter/email you sent to the CEO - I'd like to try and repeat the process and if you letter worked...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 183

Go to solution

@harveytate

They are no longer available.

0 Ratings
Pedro38
Beginner
Message 37 of 183

Go to solution
I, too, was told by BT that the signal assist boxes were no longer available as the trial has ended. They had no idea when they be available again. However, as they also work with BT/EE, I got an EE signal booster box on eBay and registered it successfully this morning and now have a full 4 bar 3G signal throughout the house.
0 Ratings
pokerwork
Beginner
Message 38 of 183

Go to solution

Hi Pedro.  How did you get your EE box registered with BT?  I've tried with BT and with EE and both say they can't register it, EE because I don't have an account with them and BT because it's not their device.

thanks

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 39 of 183

Go to solution

The easiest way would be to buy a pay as you go sim card and use it once and try it that way. Thats how I got my box registered.

The box was a trial with BT, and the boxes do have limitations. Wifi calling is the way forward, and maybe BT are testing this 🙂

With the signal box, having that switched on and wifi calling will cause issues so it has to be one or the other! I find with my EE signal box, my new build house has so much celotex it drops calls when im not near it, however with wifi calling as long you have a wifi singal its all good.

I would have a good guess and say wifi calling from BT Mobile is on its way, its more when than if!

0 Ratings
pokerwork
Beginner
Message 40 of 183

Go to solution

Thanks Dean,   I did wonder whether a Pay as you Go contract would be good enough to get it registered.  I'll give it a try.  I've currently got my BT mobile setup with wifi calling outbound using SmartTalk which is OK because I pay the additional call plan charge on the landline to give free calls.  I then also forward inbound from mobile to home number when I'm in the house.  Potentially this incures the additional mobile call cost but for me I'm nowhere near my call limit so there's no additional cost although I do have to remember to set call forwarding when home and switch off when I leave the house. 

0 Ratings