Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ant_61
Beginner
Message 71 of 183

Re: Signal booster

Go to solution

One call from me to 150, very helpful guy sorted me out with the signal boost after doing an upload test.

best to be on unlimited plan.

we now have 3 BT mobiles with full bars throughout the house, and sitting in garden. Very happy.

0 Ratings
Dogandbone
Aspiring Contributor
Message 72 of 183

Go to solution

Had an unexpected call this morning from BT customer services, after a brief pleasant chat informed an assist signal booster will be with us between 3-5 days Smiley LOL

0 Ratings
GrandadClive
Contributor
Message 73 of 183

Go to solution
Hi Dogandbone

Result,👍🙌
0 Ratings
Seamaster
Aspiring Expert
Message 74 of 183

Go to solution
This resurrection of the signal booster programme would seem to be at odds with the claims that wifi calling is "coming soon".
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 75 of 183

Go to solution

The signal box works with all mobiles with a BT & EE sim, Wi-Fi calling works with selected phones. The "Coming Soon" bit will be based on the fact is current with the trial team for final testing!

0 Ratings
SGN
Message 76 of 183

Go to solution
I do not know how you are getting these boxes. I moved from Vodafone when we got BT infinity one month ago. There is zero signal strength here, and our old Vodafone Suresignal was perfect. BT Salesman promised an EE booster box would work, so we signed up. However - no box available. Complained and BT Customer complaints said salesman was wrong to have said that (they checked the tapes and agreed with me). However - no box is available and no wifi calling. Yet here I read that some people have got a booster. How is that? Who do I have to threaten?
0 Ratings
GrandadClive
Contributor
Message 77 of 183

Go to solution
Hi SGN

Called 0800800150. You need to have BT Infinity Unlimited and a good broadband speed I also ask for a PAC code and said I was off to another mobile phone supplier. Maybe you just got through to the wrong customer service advisor.
I was told they had been available since Monday last week.
The Signal assist works really well
Wifi calling is available via an app download "BT Smartalk"
Get back onto them
Goodluck
Grandad Clive
0 Ratings
EdSutton
Aspiring Contributor
Message 78 of 183

Go to solution

I don't think BT SmartTalk is the same as WiFi calling. It just routes mobile calls as if through the landline at landline rates. So depending on your landline plan you'd pay over the odds for calls to say other mobiles. I have unlimited mobile to mobile calls so this would not work efficiently for me.

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 79 of 183

Go to solution
Smart talk is not Wi-fi calling but an app that makes calls routed over Wi-fi.

Wi-if calling on a device that offers the service will route calls and text via Wi-fi without the need of a third party app. It’s not available on all devices which is why the signal assist box may also be available.

Signal assist is linked via your home router and offers a 3G reception for all devices that have a BT and EE sim
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 80 of 183

Go to solution
And just to add to my previous comment those who receive a signal box should note that when Wi-fi calling is finally launched having both the box switched on alongside Wi-fi calling may cause issues. If this happens turn the signal box off
0 Ratings