cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcronline
Contributor
Message 21 of 25

Re: Sim Activation - The Real Problem ? Mobile Order Still in Progress

I had a wild ride from BT and I wish to retell my tail of woe here...I have 2 sims and have been a BT customer for around 20 years.

While moving I had my mobile phone get stolen.
Phoned BT to block the sim and to explain what happened.
BT shipped a sim to old address so had to wait 24 hours for changes and called back.
Ordered second sim.
Week later on lack of new sim I called and it was explained although my address was updated the shipping address was not. Shipping address updated and sim ordered.
Waited another week, still no sim so called back and was told sim order was stuck, order canceled and new sim ordered.
Sim arrived but wouldn't activate. Called BT who said sim was faulty and sim canceled and new sim ordered.
Week later new sim arrived but would not activate. Called and activated it via BT voice robot as mybt said no sim to activate. Robot said sim activated but shows emergency calls only.

5 weeks pass with calls to and fro and I am patient as it becomes apparent its a known issue.
Called again this week to be told profile cannot be recovered so will have to cancel and take out new contract to get round it with number porting from old number!
Small problem, any new contract will be for 15GB so as a way of apology they will ship galaxy a3 white and I will be upgraded to contract, but pay for it. Not keen as its more money for less, but I will keep my number and the problem will be concluded so I agree to new terms.
Guy does credit check and I pass but system will not allow it so he promises me a call back next day to get it resolved.
He doesn't call back.
I call up and BT disavow all knowledge and I get passed to sales. I told sales I didn't want to do this and I was ignored and another credit check was done to which I do t know if I failed or passed.
Get put through to tech support who say they will order another sim. I asked if it will fix the profile issue, was told it would not. Sim canceled.
Original person called back and mentioned about continuing the phone upgrade. I fail credit check lol. Noe I have a 20GB sim I will never use so asked to cancel.
Seven hours later I get through to exit team that cancel the sim not the account. I ask as a gesture of goodwill will they be prepared to cancel both lines so I can go with somebody, anybody else. Initially refused but on getting put through to faults they put supporting note on my account.
I asked for complete termination after I ask BT about getting my money back for 2.5 months if line rental. In the middle of the conversation , you guessed it, line terminated.
Got on a new sim only plan with competitor and called BT back and am promised a call back today, wish me luck and I bet nobody can beat that!
0 Ratings
mcronline
Contributor
Message 22 of 25

Just a follow up. I didn't get the call back I was promised but I did have a conversation with someone who told me it would be very unusual to give a free phone away...haha. I explained me paying for it doesn't make it free. He concurred.

I am sad to leave BT mobile, if it wasn't for the theft of my wonderful LG phone (and all this fuss is the theifs fault) then none of this would have happened. They are a good service provider when things are going well...

Oh yes, even though I have canceled I have been warned about a pending DD. Oh dear.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
mcronline
Contributor
Message 23 of 25

Just another follow up.
Called yesterday and was told would get a call today. No dice yet. However a new sim arrived and when I called the account is there but closed.
0 Ratings
redkite20
Message 24 of 25

I'm still having this problem 2 weeks on as well. I don't want to move from BT if I don't have to, as they have been great in the past, but if this continues much longer I will have to cancel my contract and move to a different provider. 

0 Ratings
mcronline
Contributor
Message 25 of 25

Got a call yesterday with a promise of a resolution today.
0 Ratings