Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vetch
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Sim query

Go to solution

I’ve just switched my mobile contract to BT. Everything went more or less smoothly but I’ve found I can’t use the BT Mobile app or either of the two “4g apps” with my 3 year old phone.

However my wife has magnaminously offered to let me have her phone and she will get a new one!

My new phone will do all that I’ve mentione above but takes a nano sim so I will have to cut down my present sim. If I make a pig’s ear of the procedure and ruin it will I be able to get a new sim from BT  supplied with my current number?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Sim query

Go to solution

@Vetchwrote:

I’ve just switched my mobile contract to BT. Everything went more or less smoothly but I’ve found I can’t use the BT Mobile app or either of the two “4g apps” with my 3 year old phone.

However my wife has magnaminously offered to let me have her phone and she will get a new one!

My new phone will do all that I’ve mentione above but takes a nano sim so I will have to cut down my present sim. If I make a pig’s ear of the procedure and ruin it will I be able to get a new sim from BT  supplied with my current number?

Thanks.

Hi @Vetch. The chances are the Nano sized sim will simply snap out of your Micro? sized sim. There should be no need to “cut down” your BT sim. 

0 Ratings
Vetch
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks,

Yes that's what I did when I switched to BT. I had to use their supplied sim pressed out of it to initiate the change over then swapped their number with mine. I didn't notice if you could do that again to get to the nano.

I'll have to have another, closer look to see if I can do what you say. 

Thanks again

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @Vetch. To quote the following page

BT Mobile and most other operators send out SIMs in a 3-in-1 card that lets you pop out the SIM size that fits your phone.

http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/phones-tablets/which-type-of-sim-card-is-right-for-your-phone-113639...

Vetch
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@VeteranISPUserwrote:

Hi @Vetch. To quote the following page

BT Mobile and most other operators send out SIMs in a 3-in-1 card that lets you pop out the SIM size that fits your phone.

http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/phones-tablets/which-type-of-sim-card-is-right-for-your-phone-113639...

I'm very sorry I didn't acknowledge your post, you were quite correct, the nano sim just popped out like you said.

When people go to the trouble to help the least I could do is reply.

Thank you for your help

0 Ratings