Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
billybigbutt
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Slow or no data on apps

Hi, i activated my new BT sim with extra fast 4g today but apps seem to load really slow when I use the BT sim, browsing seems really fast and speeds are just below 60mb my BT app and the BT Sport app load but don't connect and I can't login unless I use my plusnet sim, ebay and amazon apps load but the same, no data seems to transfer to them, put in my plusnet sim and these load a almost instantly.
Has anyone any ideas or have the very latest apn settings so I can compare them.
EDIT: I have just tried using a vpn and the all load and connect fine, turn the vpn off and they don't???
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES
Recognised Expert Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Slow or no data on apps

Hi @billybigbutt

Have you checked the network in your area to see if there are any issues? I’ll leave the link failing that, speak to the mobile chat team. What handset do you use? 

BT/EE Network checker

BT Mobile Chat

billybigbutt
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Hi, yes no problems in the area and I am replying here on my phones browser which is fine it is just apps like all of BT's, ebay, amazon apps, Google play music and store, speed test that don't connect unless I use a vpn or switch to my plusnet sim which also uses the ee network without any issues.
My phone is the xiaomi mi mix 2.
I have tried also tried an o2 sim and that works perfectly well it is just the BT sim I am having problems with.
I should also add that calls and texts are OK.
0 Ratings
billybigbutt
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

I hope I am not going to jinx anything but things seem to be OK for most of today.
Early this morning I disabled volte and mobile Internet worked for a short time, so I enabled volte again and it has all been fine since then.
Fingers crossed that whatever problem has gone away.
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

@billybigbutt

Glad to hear (fingers and toes crossed) its working, any more issues pop back and we can have another look

0 Ratings