cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: Smart TV connection to 4g wifi Router

Go to solution

When you set it to automatic, what default gateway and DNS addresses did it show?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

Go to solution

It had 192.168.1.1 for both default gateway and DNS.

Thanks again.

Jim

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution

@jim1611 wrote:

It had 192.168.1.1 for both default gateway and DNS.

Thanks again.

Jim

Then I would say the connection is being blocked, perhaps by some form of restriction on the mobile network, to prevent excessive usage. Its not really intended for video streaming applications. You will probably find that the TV has to initially connect to the manufacturers host address, and this is being blocked, so it  reports no Internet connection.

If you could work out which web addresses its trying to access, then see if you can reach them on your PC.

Without resorting to some form of packet capture software, you are not going to be able to do much.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

Go to solution

Thanks Keith.

I can stream using my laptop on Netflix and BBC iplayer etc.... using the TP-Link with SIM data. You are suggesting that there could be a blockage to the manufactures host (Samsung in this case) by the mobile network. How would I find the manufacturers host address?

I did set up a hot spot on a mobile phone to the tv and was able to stream ok on the tv. That worked fine. I was thinking that there could be something with it being blocked but I have not come across this in any other chat. My other option is to try another tv brand and I am going to try this at the weekend.

Thanks

Jim

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

Re: Smart TV connection to 4g wifi Router - Solution

Go to solution

I have now got this working on my Smart tv and all devices.

I had to create another APN profile on the router for IPV4. I cloned the existing profile on the router with the same settings but changed the PDP to IPV4.  I restarted the router and it connected to the tv. I let the router get the settings automatically and did not manually set anything else. Works wired and via wifi.

Speeds are great and just what I need in a remote location as a backup.

Many thanks to all who replied to my issue. Hope this may help others.

Jim

Message 16 of 18

Go to solution

Hi jim

Im having exactly the same issue with my tplink router , just wont work with smart tvs but its fine with everything else.

I see you managed to solve the problem but i dont understand what you did exactly.

i would really appreciate it if you could help me through the process .

Many thanks ollie  

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

Go to solution

Hi Ollie,

Try this.

In addition, I have an idea now about why some applications don't work on your TV, you could have a try:

1. login the web interface of MR600 on your Mac computer
  2. go to Advanced->Network->Internet page, check the PDP type, is it IPv4&IPv6? If so, please click on Create Profile, then choose PDP Type to IPv4 only, for other fields, you could use the same settings as the default profile

Cheers

Jim

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

Go to solution

Hi Jim

Thanks for getting back to me .

I tried what you suggested but unfortunately its still the same , works fine on all other devices but not the two TV's which are different makes and both stopped working with apps at the same time .

most confusing.   

not sure what else to try.

Thanks again ollie 

0 Ratings