cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Spam voicemail texts

For the past 2 weeks or so I have been getting at least 2 text's a day saying '(!) You have received a new voicemail' then it has a link to click to listen to the voicemail. Obviously I never clicked a single link. I always block the number & report as spam, but then I get more texts and always off different numbers. It is driving me insane. How can I block the whole spam texts regarding voicemails, and not just one phone number at a time? 

And yes I have checked my voicemail & I have no new messages. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Spam voicemail texts

Any texts regarding voicemails on your BT Mobile are all sent from 1571 as a standard text, so if you're getting them from different numbers it may not be a genuine voicemail notification. Hard to stop them if its a different number each time though. There's an option to change your mobile number altogether but may be a bit drastic if its just to avoid these.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

@SamMacRae21 

I can manage without voicemail which is very handy as I am deaf! I have told every Tom, **bleep** and Harry that I only respond to emails or SMS texts. End of.

From BTs help:

Turning voicemail on and off

BT Mobile comes set up to divert any unanswered call to voicemail.

• Dial 15710 from your phone (it's free) to turn this off. (You'll hear a message: "Your request to turn off conditional diverts to your BT Mobile voicemail has been confirmed")
  • Dial 15711 to turn it back on

For times you don't want to be disturbed, all incoming calls can be diverted straight to voicemail.

• Dial 15712 to turn this on. (You'll hear: "Your request to turn on unconditional diverts to your BT Mobile voicemail has been confirmed")
  • Dial 15713 to turn it off
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi, did you have any luck finding a way to stop these? I see your responses here are assuming it could be genuine when it’s obviously not...I’ve had 4 today and they’re clearly nothing to do with my actual voicemail, it’s infuriating! I keep blocking but they’re all different numbers do it doesn’t do any good. It’s driving me mad!!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

If these are not for your voicemail and you've checked 1571, check the number of where the text came from, if its a mobile number, this could be a phishing scam and you should forward the text to 7726 then copy and paste the number of where it came from and send that to 7726. This will notify the network of spam and phishing activity

0 Ratings