cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SamMacRae21
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Spam voicemail texts

For the past 2 weeks or so I have been getting at least 2 text's a day saying '(!) You have received a new voicemail' then it has a link to click to listen to the voicemail. Obviously I never clicked a single link. I always block the number & report as spam, but then I get more texts and always off different numbers. It is driving me insane. How can I block the whole spam texts regarding voicemails, and not just one phone number at a time? 

And yes I have checked my voicemail & I have no new messages. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
ctrlz
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Spam voicemail texts

Any texts regarding voicemails on your BT Mobile are all sent from 1571 as a standard text, so if you're getting them from different numbers it may not be a genuine voicemail notification. Hard to stop them if its a different number each time though. There's an option to change your mobile number altogether but may be a bit drastic if its just to avoid these.

0 Ratings
Carlusha
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Spam voicemail texts

@SamMacRae21 

I can manage without voicemail which is very handy as I am deaf! I have told every Tom, **bleep** and Harry that I only respond to emails or SMS texts. End of.

From BTs help:

Turning voicemail on and off

BT Mobile comes set up to divert any unanswered call to voicemail.

• Dial 15710 from your phone (it's free) to turn this off. (You'll hear a message: "Your request to turn off conditional diverts to your BT Mobile voicemail has been confirmed")
  • Dial 15711 to turn it back on

For times you don't want to be disturbed, all incoming calls can be diverted straight to voicemail.

• Dial 15712 to turn this on. (You'll hear: "Your request to turn on unconditional diverts to your BT Mobile voicemail has been confirmed")
  • Dial 15713 to turn it off
0 Ratings