I am just wondering if anyone else has received the following or simular:
- Text from someone claiming to know you and trying to confirm a meet up.
- Voicemail still claiming to know you and saying that they must of sent it to the text to the wrong number
Both of these happened yesterday.
- Didn't think anything of the text and just deleted.
- Voicemail came though and this is slightly more concerning. Blocked the number.
- I don't know anyone call by this woman's name or arranged a meeting with her.
- I never pick up to a unknown numbers.
I rang BT this morning, but said that I had done the right thing by blocking the number. I have looked up the number but nothing has come up. BT said, If persists contact police as they basically have more power.
Never had anything like his before, hence forum.
Did the woman use your full name in either the text or the voicemail? If not, couldn't it simply be that she's misrecorded a third party's number that's similar to yours?
It's possible then that she has managed accidentally to associate your number with someone else with the same first name. One way to find out for sure is ring her back but, having blocked further calls, you might prefer just to forget about it.