cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marionrogers
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Swapping from EE

I have 2 EE contracts coming to an end. We are not huge users, and BT sim only is a big saving for us. I will have to get my phones unlocked I assume, and get a PAC code. I hate change, and really don't want to switch, but £35 a month is not to be sniffed at. I suppose my question is, has anybody switched from EE to BT and wished they hadn't? The BT guy who tried to talk me into switching concerned me a little when he said I would notice the difference in speed whilst on internet. Thank you

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
-Richie-
Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: Swapping from EE

I switched from EE to BT without issues or regret, coverage is the same.
Some EE plans come with the faster 4G speeds but BT Plus and some Simo plans come with that by default, so speed won't be an issue.

The only feature I miss is the data gifting but It's rare I go near my allowance so not really a big deal.

0 Ratings
marionrogers
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Thanks for reply, that is good to hear...I very rarely get 4g anyway, and as long as it is workable, I'm not too bothered, I am not on it a huge amount, hence I want to save a bit. Thank you

0 Ratings
clever_trevor
Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Hi - if you have iPhone on EE then move to BT Mobile there is no Visual VM with BT. Otherwise I moved to BT Mobile & all is great as also double data & fastest service (with Plus)  are great benefits.  

0 Ratings
stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 12

@marionrogerswrote:

Thanks for reply, that is good to hear...I very rarely get 4g anyway, and as long as it is workable, I'm not too bothered, I am not on it a huge amount, hence I want to save a bit. Thank you

I moved from EE to Plusnet Mobile then onto BT Mobile. No issues apart from the lack of visual voicemail others have mentioned and to be honest, it ain't a deal breaker and I don't miss it.

The £35 you mention, is that what you will save or the cost of the two new sims?

£35 seems a lot if you can't really get 4G where you are and don't use much data. 

0 Ratings
clonk
Contributor
Message 6 of 12

BT own EE, and BT Mobile uses the EE network, so the only difference is the package/pricing.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
marionrogers
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Yes, it's a £35 saving for the 2 sins, with 5 x more data!!
marionrogers
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Hi, I know they use the same, but was a little concerned when BT said it was a little slower than EE
0 Ratings
clonk
Contributor
Message 9 of 12

AFAIK BT mobile doesn't provide EEs 4G+, but only of relevance to power users.

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 10 of 12

@clonkwrote:

AFAIK BT mobile doesn't provide EEs 4G+, but only of relevance to power users.

If you see my earlier post you can have the faster speeds on some plans or with BT Plus, it's a free feature of BT plus if the mobile plan doesn't include it.

0 Ratings