cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nwfc
Message 1 of 4

Switched from ee, now wifi calling not working

I'm a newbie here, so please go easy.

I have a Samsung GalaxyS5 mobile, was previously with ee sim only and wifi calling worked fine.  In fact its essential because reception here is sadly lacking.

I was pursuaded by BT to switch my mobile to BT as part of a broader broadband package and was told that all existing functions on my phone would continue to work exactly the same with BT as they did with ee.

However my wifi calling, although switched on on the handset, doesn't work and when I check on the phone's BT app, under 'Phone connectivity' it says 'wifi calling -No', '4G Calling -No'.

My phone is model number SM-G901F running Android 6.0.1

Phone was supplied by ee.

Any thoughts please?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Switched from ee, now wifi calling not working

I could not get the S5 to work with BT Wi-fi calling. Android 6.0.1

However, if yours worked with EE, then there may be a remote possibility.

Go to Settings, and scroll down to the”call” icon.

You will find an option to enable internet calling......see if it responds.....good luck!

There may be another route to enable in the option - aboutdevice, but this is no long available on mine as I switched to another provider, and use this S5 as a general everyday mobile only.

0 Ratings
nwfc
Message 3 of 4

Thanks Ribblelancs, checked it out but sadly no, wifi calling is switched on.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 4

If you search through the forums, this has been asked before, although no conclusions are given.

My only comment is that you would have a heavy drain on the battery with 4g calling, but you will know from use with EE???

0 Ratings