cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Switching to EE mobile

A cautionary post for anyone thinking of switching.

I took advantage of the upcoming price rise to cancel my BT handset plan a little early penalty free resulting in a nice saving, £100 or so. Thumbs up.

BT took the chance to sell/order a sim only EE plan for me at a reasonable price. No problems with that.

EE however are not off to a good start. I’ve not had any order confirmation, order number or despatch information.

I discovered by continually checking the EE website that, after a day and a half, a phone number had been allocated. I’m guessing it means a SIM card is in transit, but I’m just guessing! They haven’t told me anything.

I also noticed that the address they are sending it to is incomplete. Not a problem, there is an option to correct it, except they insist on texting a one off pin as a security measure before I could change it.  BUT they sent the text to the phone number of the new SIM I haven’t received yet!! There is no option to use my current BT mobile number. You honestly couldn’t make this up.

I’ve just gave up after a ridiculously long wait to speak to anyone at EE, so I’ll just wait and see if I ever get my SIM.
Was it a good deal, yes a very good deal. Would I do it again, not a chance. I’d avoid it like the plague. 

First impressions are crucial. First impression of EE, beyond terrible, not that they would care!! 

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Switching to EE mobile

To wrap this rant up, the SIM did arrive and my phone number has transferred, so it’s all good.
It seems my perceived problems are due to EE having an aversion to using email as a way of keeping the customer informed.
BT sent me a string of emails keeping me up to date with progress at their end, EE sent nothing at all, leaving me in the dark and giving the impression that nothing was happening. One email acknowledging the order and SIM dispatch details was all that was needed, surely not too much to ask.
I’m not saying BT are perfect, but EE really need to learn from them on this aspect.
0 Ratings