cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

TP LINK TL-MR6400shows connected but no internet

Hi all, hoping you can help.

Just replaced my 4g router with the TP-LINK unit above, shows its connected to 4g with good 4g signal 75%, but no Internet  no registered IP address, canconnect to it via wifi but no Internet as I say. 

Have tried rebooting.have tried changing the dns settings, nothing worked so far. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: TP LINK TL-MR6400shows connected but no internet

@robertlaurenson 

What SIM are you using?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

@TimCurtis It's a mobile sim with unlimited data, worked OK in the Huawei B525, but not working in this one

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@TimCurtis been back at it today, updated the firmware on the router, no luck, thought i would try updating the network settings by creating a new profile, tried that also with no luck, so thought i would then try to change the individual settings, the auto setting is IPV4/IPV6 both on at once, so i changed it to IPV4 only, now everything is working fine, when i put it on the combined setting, or IPV6 only it doesnt work at all. 

Any ideas why this would be, i'm quite happy as long as it's working, but have no idea why this would make it work, is it something to do with the settings on my account at the BT end?

Thanks

Robert

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@robertlaurenson 

It could be that either the TP-Link doesn't support BT's implementation of IPv6 or that there's no IPv6 available on the EE phone network, assuming it's a BT sim.

TBH I don't know just what features of the EE network employ.

0 Ratings