cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wafudude
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Tethering Ban Causes iPad/iPhone Interaction Issues

Disappointingly BT actively prevents tethering. While this is a ridiculous policy it is, non the less, their policy. BUT, this also causes issues with the way the iPad and iPhone communicate with each other. An example is the use of the iPhone as a remote control for Keynote presentations.... Why won't BT allow customers to "opt in" to tethering if they so wish and accept the risk of potentially higher data charges if they go over their data package? Surely it is up to the customer to decide how much data they want to use and how quickly they want to use it?
11 REPLIES 11
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: Tethering Ban Causes iPad/iPhone Interaction Issues

Totally agree with you, it's a very short sighted policy, there are lots of prospective customers who have mobiles and wifi only tablets of varying flavours who will not switch to BT because of this policy.
Vulgata
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

I totally agree, I am disgusted by this and it is the one reason that prevents me from going to BT Mobile.
Wafudude
Beginner
Message 4 of 12

Sadly I fear that I will be forced to return my sim and cancel my agreement (got 14 days I think) and go back to Vodafone. Maybe BT will reverse this policy and I will be tempted to come back.
karl68
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

Sadly me too I think.

How do you go about cancelling?

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumer/terms/mobile-service.html  BT Mobile T&C

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
karl68
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

Thank you. Quite annoying really as I am liking the 4g service.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
luigi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

I totally agree with this post, have been waiting for BT mobile but now will not change to them.

What is the matter with BT. 

walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 12

as they use EE 4G then you would hope they had included tethering, especially as EE allow it on some of their contracts

evansnp
Contributor
Message 10 of 12

I'm glad that I read this thread, as I was about to move over to BT Mobile.  I only use tethering for my TomTom SatNav, but that's essential for me.

I sincerely hope that BT changes its mind on this , and considers EU roaming packages, like Vodafone.