cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Text charge for words no images, automatically converted to MMS to unrecognisable no. 0010020250100

I texted another mobile no. using words, no images, pics or videos. It automatically converted to MMS and sent it to a number I don't recognise 0010020250100.  On my BT mobile phone bill they charged me 040p for the privilege. 

Can't see why I was charged 0.40p for a short worded only text to my sister's mobile no.? Could this be a BT billing error or perhaps a scam?

Seems a bit of a bad deal if it's BT's  issue. Though a scammer would want a lot more than 0.40p for their efforts!!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Text charge for words no images, automatically converted to MMS to unrecognisable no. 0010020250

This is a scam and if you Google it you find it has been going for years

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Text charge for words no images, automatically converted to MMS to unrecognisable no. 0010020250

Thanks, I suspected it was as I did pre-Google it, but no one seemed to know much more than that. 

If it's known as an ongoing scam using the 0010020250100 number sequence, then why wouldn't BT take action to remove it? If BT mobile phone numbers are being intercepted and spliced with this scam number and charges made to the BT customer, surely there is a route out of this would think?😒

0 Ratings