Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 31

Total Ineptitude & a wasted Sunday afternoon

Go to solution

Well I should have expected it all to go t*ts up.

As per my previous thread https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Mobile/False-Advertising/td-p/1855767 I was offered by the BT Mobile team to honour an email offer of keeping my present pricing for an increase from 6GB to 8GB on each SIM for agreeing a new 12 month contract. This should have been £24-£5 = £19/month as at present.

I was promised the order team would phone me back before putting the order through. They didn't - they just put it through this afternoon. What do I get through on the email when the order is processed?

£32-£5 = £27/month Smiley Mad

So I am straight on the phone and replying to the agent by text who has put this through incorrectly trying to get this mistake rolled back before it is implemented. Wasted almost a hour of my Sunday afternoon on hold. Then when I got through to the guy from the VOL team he couldn't raise anyone at Mobile to get it cancelled. But it was OK - the order was on hold and wouldn't get implemented.

So of course almost immediately after that call it then got implemented on my account. Smiley Mad

Then the agent from the mobile connections team gets back to me from my texts and I told him to put my back on my old plan - why the heck would I volunteer to pay £8 a month more for something I was told I would get for my present contract price?! That rollback hasn't happened yet despite the connections guy confirming he would do it.

It really beggers belief the incompetence at play here and makes my blood boil. What is the betting if they do  actually get to roll me back I'll suddenly be back in a 12 month contract again?

Oh and my extra speed add-on has disappeared from my account as well Smiley Mad

I'm going to raise a complaint but can't face phoning BT again tonight.

I know experts here put the mobile sales team on a pedestal and say how good they are. I can't fault the guy I spoke to yesterday who gave me the offer I accepted. But both he and I have been badly let down by the backoffice connections team who failed to enter the agreed contract onto the system, then failed to check with me, then implemented the incorrect deal despite my desperate attempts to stop them.

0 Ratings
30 REPLIES 30
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 31

Re: Total Ineptitude & a wasted Sunday afternoon

Go to solution

Hi @Colin_London

Wow what a blunder, I wouldn’t say the experts put the mobile teams on a pedestal it’s more a matter of protocol as they report back to the product teams when things work or in this instance don’t. 

Normally, once a change is in progress another change can’t be made until the previous order has completed on the system and that can take upto 24 hours. 

I can ask a mod to come and assist but they are fairly busy and you are on to the right people to sort it. I would say see if the plan reverts tonight/tomorrow morning or if not we can ask the mods to help resolve it or I can ask the mods now if you like. It just may take a while for them to respond as they help in the order in which the cases list. 

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 31

Go to solution

Thanks @Dean007 - will check tomorrow to see if it has reverted but i'm not getting my hopes up.

Looking at the deal they have put me on I reckon it is the 8GB 2-sim £23 deal (inclusive of £5 discount) that I saw from the original email link, then with the £4 extra speed added inclusively (as the plan summary says '60Mbps Extra Speed'). Hence £27.

Of course, from my original thread I had explictly agreed to keep my previous £24-£5 = £19 pricing to honour the wording of the offer email that I would 'pay no more' for the 2GB extra data. What good is making verbal agreements if the mobile connections team then don't realise this is a special agreement and plough on with the standard offer on the system that I could have agreed via the online order system in the first place?

It's going to have to be a complaint via the mods I think as somebody is going to have to go back and listen to my phone call with the sales guy yesterday to hear exactly what was agreed (although he did say it would be put on the account notes - fat lot of good that did though). Smiley Indifferent

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 31

Go to solution

Hi @Colin_London

I know people say call up but I always use online chat and take screen shots. 

Lets get the mods on this anyway, by the time they get round to it now it Maybe tomorrow anyway. The mods do an amazing job at unfortunately having to sort these types of issues out. 

I’m sure you know the deal, I’ll ask them to pop by and they will offer you a private link to contact them. The details drop on the mods system and then it may take a little while for them to get back to you. But it gives the connections and mobile team time to try and sort it. 

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 31

Go to solution

Yes @Dean007, unfortunately I have had much prior experience of the process!

However that is why I always come to complain on the Community, as the mods here are empowered and great at getting things resolved, whereas attempts at telephone contact invariably result in interminable call queues, followed by speaking to people who cannot understand the problem, cannot get things fixed or cannot get hold of the people who can!

However I guess you have to at least attempt the phone route first to evidence that you have tried before escalating.

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 31

Go to solution

@Colin_London

Dropped a note to the mods for you, it is frustrating. The mobile products are great, and offer I believe good value. The issues arise when things go wrong and as you pointed out the agents not being able to resolve the issues    due to the back office systems.

That said, BT mobile has evolved a lot and they are learning a lot and quickly.  The mods know exactly who to contact for what issue so your in good hands 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 31

Go to solution

Hi @Colin_London

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

I'm really sorry about the mix up with the package you've been put on and that you had to waste time on your Sunday afternoon to try and sort this out.  Not too sure what happened to be honest but you make a valid point; "at no extra cost" should be exactly that so I can definitely see where you're coming from.

You can send us over your details and we'll get back to you as soon as you reach the top of our email queue.  I'm sure you're aware of the process as I recall dealing with your case and chatting you on the phone before.  We'll get to the bottom of this and put everything right for you.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 31

Go to solution

Thanks @RobbieMac - Details submitted on link.

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 31

Go to solution

@RobbieMacI was just called back by Salim from the VOL team. I have told him I have escalated this matter to yourselves and asked him to defer to you to deal with it. As the incorrect order has been implemented & closed it is probably beyond his personal remit to do anything now anyway.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 31

Go to solution

Hi @Colin_London

Thanks for the update.

When you reach the top of our email queue we'll give you a shout.  It may be me or it may be one of the other mods but either way we'll get you sorted out.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings