cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Total loss of service. Can BT mod offer me a mobile data boost?

I reported a fault on Friday when BT hub was flashing purple. No dial tone on landline either. Followed steps on BT website and have confirmation that a repair should be completed by Wednesday. I was told on the callback that there would be some compensation due to how many days this would take.

This seems a long time to go without any internet access. I have 2x BT SIM cards with you that are on 2GB data plans. This is good enough for when out and about as we use wifi in the home - when it worked.

Could a BT mod please see about being able to offer my BT SIM cards a larger data boost for free?  Just until the landline repair is complete? So 4-5 days should be enough.

We obviously can’t access the internet on computers, use game consoles or watch YouTube, Netflix etc. on TV’s in the house.

But if you can at least give the two BT SIM’s a complimentary data boost, then maybe we won’t go stir crazy by Wednesday.

My data is already low from usage yesterday, so I’ll check back tonight and tomorrow for any replies. If you have my details feel free to call my mobile or text me, otherwise I’ll briefly use my data to check back here.

If you need any additional information let me know.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Total loss of service. Can BT mod offer me a mobile data boost?

Is your scenario not what the BT Halo add on was designed to do. ie give you mobile broadband should your broadband go down, so to expect to be given mobile data for free may be a big ask and unfair to those who have paid extra for Halo in order to avoid the problem you have incurred.

What is BT Halo and how can I get it? | BT Help

As regards compensation for total loss of service see link

Automatic Compensation | BT Help

Message 3 of 5

You should not have to rely on BT Halo for this scenario. I believe Halo is intended for minor disruption, to keep you up and running if you internet goes down for a few hours. 

I reported the line fault Friday, if they were fixing it Saturday or even Monday, then perhaps I wouldn’t have room to complain - but I am looking at 6 days with total loss of service.

Perhaps BT won’t offer anything, but it can’t hurt to ask.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I agree with @gg30340  that is why customers pay extra for the halo add on to cover for total loss in service which may take days to repair.   Maybe you  should consider adding halo to your broadband package in future 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 5

In your instance, total loss without you having Halo is covered by the automatic compensation, which if you choose you can use the compensation to pay for extra data for your mobile. 

If BT were to give you free data for your mobile then it defeats the whole idea of the Halo add on, which is in effect an insurance policy, and in my opinion would be totally unfair to those customers who have paid extra to ensure that they are not without broadband in the event of a total loss fault. 

There is no where that BT have said that Halo is only intended for minor disruption or only intended to keep you connected for a few hours in the event of  total loss but I will happily stand corrected if you can show where that has been stated.

See Halo Terms and Conditions and in particular section 4 regarding the Keep Connect Promise.

BT Halo 1 and 2 terms