cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markwillett
Message 1 of 3

Transfer Mobile number

Go to solution

I wondered if anybody could advise if this is possible.

I have recently added a new bt pay as you go sim for my daughter on a 4gb plan, my wife has a bt pay as you go sim 1gb plan. As this is my daughters first phone she wont be using all the data and wondered if it was possible so my wife could change to the 4gb plan and keep her existing number and my daughter has the 1gb plan?

BT cusomer support have told me this cant be done, which suprises me shorly in a big telecoms company like BT this should be possible?

(I would have got my daughter the 1gb plan but appantly they have stopped doing this so it was a choice of 500mb or 4gb)

Any help or advise greatly appricated! 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
-Richie-
Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Transfer Mobile number

Go to solution

You won't be able to swap plans between the 2 sims, you were given the right info over the phone.

You could get your wifes plan and daughters to have a family sim with 4GB data each, family sims are good value and means both sims have the same allowance each, it's not shared.
Alternatively you could see what options are available to regrade, your daughters plan can't be downgraded during the minimum term but you could perhaps get a better value plan for your wife.

markwillett
Message 3 of 3

Re: Transfer Mobile number

Go to solution
Hi Richie,
Many thanks for your reply and for clearing that up, I’ll look into your suggestions.
0 Ratings