cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pw888
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Transfer sim from one BT account to another.

I originally obtained my BT sim throught my parents' BT account whilst I was living at home with them. Now I'm no longer living with them and have my own BT account, I would like to transfer my sim package to my own BT account from my parents so I can manage it myself.  I went through the arduous task of contacting BT customer service about doing this but after explaining this simple request to 5 different agents, I was eventually told that this would definitely be impossible. I was advised that I would have to cancel the existing package and transfer my number via PAC code to another network operator temporarily and change it back to my existing BT account.  This just doesn't make any sense to me and I've seen a similar situation on here resolved through a moderator but I don't know how.  I would be most grateful if somebody could shed any light on this, thanks. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Fusionmoth
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Transfer sim from one BT account to another.

16 days ago this was posted: https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Mobile/Don-Webster-A-shining-star-of-customer-service-in-a-mire-of/td...

Clearly can be done over the phone, maybe phone and ask for Don Webster xD haha (or just await a moderator)
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi @pw888,

It should be possible to transfer that sim over to your account. I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Highlighted
biochemist
Message 4 of 4

My wife is having the same problem.  Being bounced around from operator to operator who all have a slightly different non-answer.  These divide into "it can't be done" and "please leave our company because we can't do this" along with (especially comic) "please take over your parent's BT account".

It beggars belief that one of the largest telecoms companies in the world can't move a number from one account to another.

0 Ratings