cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smileyk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Transferred number on wrong Sim

So I took out 4 BT sims.  I transferred 3 numbers over from Vodafone without a problem but I couldn't do the fourth at the same time as Vodafone were having problems unlocking it.  Finally sorted the unlock issue and transferred the last number onto the remaining SIM.  The website was playing up (or my computer was!) but eventually it was done.  A few days later it completed but it wasn't working.  I found that my number had been transferred onto my daughters SIM and not the remaining SIM that it was meant to go to.  As my daughter is at uni we can't just swap sims or anything.  So she's getting all my calls and texts and her number is somewhere unknown.  As I said the website was a pain when I was doing this so it's possible when it was jumping around that I clicked on the wrong SIM but I'm pretty sure that didn't happen as I'm pretty careful with things like this.  Anyway I contacted BT on Tuesday by chat to ask if this could be resolved, they said it needed to be escalated and the escalation team would call me on Weds.  NO call received.  So I go on chat again on Weds (around 5ish) and was told there was nothing on my account but they would escalate it and I would receive a call on Thurs, this time I was given a complaints number.  I asked when and was told between 12 and 2 and they would DEFINITELY call.  NO call.   So at 2:30 I contacted them again and was told that I would receive a call within 30 minutes.  NO call.   I finally received a call at 5pm (as I was about to call them) and was told that it needed to be escalated to another department and that would DEFINITELY call me within 4 hours.  NO call.

Seriously what is with the lies and incompetence!?  Who do I need to talk to who will actually fix this?  Or should I just give up and get my PAC codes and go elsewhere as BT just can't bothered?  I've been without my number for most of this week and it's VERY inconvenient.  I'm not blaming BT (as I said before it may have been my fault) but surely they could help resolve it?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Smileyk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: Transferred number on wrong Sim

Called again and got through to a UK centre this time, she assures me that it has been raised and I will be called today or tomorrow. I guess we'll see....
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 9

Hi @Smileyk

I feel your frustration, If you do not get your call back let us know and we can get a moderator to look at it for you!

0 Ratings
Smileyk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Help please?!

So last weekend I received my new SIM with my number on it. The plan was for me to keep that and then send my SIM to my daughter at uni - within 4 days her number would be ported onto that SIM and she could throw her SIM away.  It started off well, I received the new SIM, BT activated it (weirdly I didn't have the option to do it) and it worked.  I was getting my own calls and texts.  Of course my daughter's SIM had now stopped working so she had no access.  I posted my SIM to her and yesterday received a voicemail from BT to say that her number was ported over and would work.  Today she tried the SIM I sent to her and it is her number and all is ok.

BUT MY NUMBER IS NOT OK!  Having sorted it all the weekend it worked fine on Mon and Tues and Wed morning.  Then it stopped working.  Spent 40 mins on phone to BT trying various phone and SIM combinations.  The problem was clearly the SIM so they'd send me a new one.  I asked if they were sure this wasn't another porting issue and was assured it wasn't.  So no phone on Weds or Thursday or Friday morning.   Then out of the blue this morning my daughter messaged me to say that her original SIM had suddenly started working again and she was getting my texts.  This didn't bode well for the new SIM I was still waiting for.

NEW SIM arrived and I activated it - nothing.  So after a few hours I rang and asked them to check.  Yes it's all activated and working.  Um no it isn't - no network.  They check it and can't explain it.  So I suggest that perhaps they've screwed up and my number is back on my daughters old SIM.  The porting guy is due to call me tomorrow so they suggest I wait until then.  Uh no, I've been without a phone for another 3 days, I need this sorted.  Apparently I may get a call today - I'm not holding my breath.   Seriously WTH is going on. This is appalling!

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 9

@Smileyk

It seems that the are in a mix with the sim serial numbers and ported numbers... lets get a moderator to help. They will take ownership of the issue and help you get things resolved...

A moderator should post shortly...

Whilst you wait, log into BT.com and go to the my mobile section, under each mobile number it should show the sim serial number against each mobile number.. in theory you should be able to see the missmatch and see what sim is incorrectly placed against the numbers.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Hi @Smileyk

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

I'm really sorry you have had so many problems getting the numbers ported on to the SIM cards.  This looks like an absolute nightmare to be perfectly honest!

Can you send us over your details and we'll see about straightening all this out for you?  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
Smileyk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Thanks, sent you a message
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Hi @Smileyk,

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch.

I've checked over your account and I can see that everything is working as it should.

Take care and I hope you have a great weekend.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Smileyk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Yes it's working now. No call from BT yesterday, then they rang today while I was out and refused to leave a number for me to call back, just said they'd ring later. I wasnt prepared to sit in and wait for a call so rang and was a bit shirty if I'm honest. But all is now working! Let's hope it ladt a longer than 3 days this time.

Thanks
0 Ratings