cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Transferring my number but keeping contract

Go to solution

Hello,

I have a contract with BT and want to keep it, but I would like to transfer the main number (which was transferred in) to another sim card that will purely be for work.

Can this be done or will this void the contract and hence incur extra charges

Thanks

Chris

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Transferring my number but keeping contract

Go to solution
If you transfer the number out then you will be cancelling your contract, I’m not sure there’s any other way around it.
You can get a remember to change the phone number on your BT plan but you’re then willingly asking to lose your existing number.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 3

Re: Transferring my number but keeping contract

Go to solution

When you say main number, do you have 2 or more lines with BT?

If you have more than one line with BT then might be able to transfer what you call your main line away and any other line will remain with them.

If you only have the one line and you port it away it'll close the account and you won't be able to take another line with BT as they have closed mobile to new customers/connections.

You'll need to remember if you're within the minimum term of the contract you'll be liable for an early termination fee (EFT). The ETF is usually the remaining line rental less a few % for good measure, if you're out of the minimum term then there's no charge.

0 Ratings