cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcfc4heatons
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Trying to access voicemail abroad but dont know pin

Im trying to access my voicemail abroad. I dialled my number pressed star when the voicemail msg starts, it asks for a pin which I've no idea what it is.  I tried entering my usual pins and got locked out. Tbh I don't ever remember setting up a pin. Any ideas please? Desperately need to check my voicemail asap

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Trying to access voicemail abroad but dont know pin

@mcfc4heatons 

If you did not set a PIN, then you would not be able to access your messages.

Default PINs are not set any more, as it would lead to people being able to intercept your messages, as reported in the news some years ago.

This page may help http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/58637/~/voicemail-security-pin

0 Ratings
mcfc4heatons
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

that link is useless as I'm already outside of UK

0 Ratings
mcfc4heatons
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Just in case anyone else makes this mistake ... You are knackered I can't set up a PIN once I've left the UK. I can't login to my BT account online and do it either. Basically once you leave the country if you have NOT already set up your PIN you are prevented from accessing your voicemail. Nice one BT - think I'll be speaking to offcom about this as I feel I'm being prevented from accessing my services and I had NO idea a PIN had to be set before I left the county, sure it'll be in the T&Cs somewhere so what, not clear enough and left me in a  bit of a mess... The online chat support is based in India and they are pointless too, also very reluctant to divulge the fact they are not in the UK. If I pay for UK service I want to UK based support.

0 Ratings
Becky121
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

I have the same problem, did you ever figure out a solution?

0 Ratings