Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Patel
Beginner
Message 1 of 19

Unable to activate my sim using BT website

Why can I not activate my BT sim card online.  I get the message "Sorry, but something's gone wrong. Please try again later".  When I call BT after waiting the customary 30 minutes to get through and talk to someone they then tell me that they cannot activate the sim either.  This has been going on since 05-07-2018.  When will my sim be activate and by whom onto to BT since I cannot do it nor the help number I call can.  In the mean time I unable to benefit from the BT offer I signed up to

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES
Recognised Expert Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 19

Re: Unable to activate my sim using BT website

Hi @Patel

Sorry to hear you have not been able to activate your sim card, the online mobile chat team should be able to help, and raise a fault if needed. If they are unable to help, pop back and we can see what else can be done...

BT Mobile Online Chat

0 Ratings
Patel
Beginner
Message 3 of 19

They have NOT been unable to help.  This has has been going on since the 05-07-2018.  As I said everytime I try to activate my sim iget the following message ""Sorry, but something's gone wrong. Please try again later""

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 19

Hi @Patel

We can ask a moderator to help, they will come and post here shortly. They will ask you to fill in a form and help you resolve the issue.

The are fairly busy so keep checking back.

0 Ratings
Patel
Beginner
Message 5 of 19

What is the point of the form since this is clearly an issue at the BT server end.  I cannot see any updates on the BT website that tells me there are issues with activating sims to BT.  I want to know when this issue will be fixed and not passed on to someone else

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

Hi @Patel

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the problems you're having activating the SIM.  I appreciate the time you have taken to contact us through both the voice  and live chat service.

As you are no further forward with this we can pick things up from here and get you sorted.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Patel
Beginner
Message 7 of 19

I just want to know when this will be sorted. 

Waiting 4 days to simply start the activation process is unacceptable as is being passed from one help person to another with no one prepared to say what the issue is or when it will be fixed

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

Hi @Patel

Thanks for posting back!

I agree, 4 days is unacceptable and I can totally understand your frustration.  The thing is, we do need your details to get a better understanding of what is wrong so that we are able to offer the best advice in sorting this out for you.

When you send your details to us and when you reach the top of our email queue one of the guys will be in touch to help.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Patel
Beginner
Message 9 of 19

You already have my details.  I reported this when I called the helpdesk on the05-07-2018 and they said that it was a system issue at BT's end.  I really do not understand why you cannot activate a sim card. 

Can you please tell me if there is an issue at the BT end that is resulting in customers not being able to activate their bt sim card and why it cannot be activated when I call the Help line.  This problem has now been going on for 5 days

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 19

The forum moderators require you to complete the form that you will find by clicking on the moderators name. This will raise a trackable form and you will be given a reference number. Once received the moderators will contact you and give you one point of contact until your problem is resolved

0 Ratings