cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Unable to call a single BT landline number from BT & Virgin (EE) mobiles.

When calling my home phone from a BT mobile, the "you have dialled an incorrect number" message is received.

I have verified that:

1) Continuous dial tone - no divert to a non existent number is in place.

2)"this circuit is defined as........", is correct.

3)Landline gives the correct caller ID on outgoing calls

4)Landline can receive calls from another BT landline

As " this is an issue with calling a single number" BT mobile REFUSED to raise a fault report ticket!!

Fault ticket raised with BT landline call centre, who ignored all the analysis above..................

Why doesn't the BT LANDLINE fault reporting number have more than 1 option (pass on the issue to an EXTERNAL CONTRACTOR and send an Openreach engineer to your property, when there is clearly no issue with the distribution copper pair ), when a fault is reported to them? I was told that they do not have the facility to refer a fault to either the Switch team, or any "Back Office" who can liaise with EE.

THIRD PARTY (Openreach) engineer has now visited my property and (astonishingly) has proven the fault to be NOT on the line.........and has referred it (BACK) (WHAT A SHOCK) to the BT Switch team

AN AVOIDABLE (AND EXPENSIVE) WASTE OF A VISIT

IN THE DIM AND DISTANT PAST, THE CALL WOULD BE RECEIVED BY AN EX-FIELD ENGINEER, WHO WOULD CARRY-OUT THE DIAGNOSTIC TESTING AND THEN PASS THE FAULT DIRECTLY TO THE ENGINEER (SWITCH OR EXTERNAL) FOR SAME DAY CLEARANCE ............ OH WHAT PROGRESS WE HAVE MADE IN THE TELECOMMS WORLD!!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 3

Re: Unable to call a single BT landline number from BT & Virgin (EE) mobiles.

Called  customer service number this morning, with call answered in Dublin this time.

Apparently no record of the fault being passed to the switch team as promised by the field engineer yesterday.

THIS CALL CENTRE DOES HAVE THE FACILITY TO PASS A FAULT TO THE SWITCH TEAM.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Unable to call a single BT landline number from BT & Virgin (EE) mobiles.

Surprising what can happen when you speak to the right person........

Just after leaving the last post, I received a call from a Vodafone engineer, who informed me that the issue was now resolved. ( HOME LANDLINE NUMBER WAS PORTED FROM THEM), assume corrupted look-up table not re-directing calls to BT...................

......................................Soon followed by a call from BT, to confirm the above.

This just leaves 1 question:

WHY COULD THE CENTRE IN DUBLIN PASS A FAULT TO THE INTERNAL BT ENGINEERS, WHEN THE ONE I DEALT WITH LAST WEEK HAD NO OPTION BUT "TO PASS TO OPENREACH AND ORDER A HOME VISIT"????

0 Ratings