cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Unable to order data SIM as receiving error message that postcode doesn't match account

I have just renewed my broadband contract as my old contract was coming to an end.  I currently have a data-only SIM for my iPad with a different provider, which I was planning to switch to BT, and tried to order a data-only SIM.  However, it wouldn't let me complete the purchase, as it said my postcode did not match my account.  There was no where in ther ordering process where it asked me to enter my postcode, so I'm assuming it was just looking at the postcode on my BT broadband account - which is correct and which matches the postcode on the Royal Mail website.  I have heard of there sometimes being discrepancies between the information that Openreach and the providers hold, but given that I am with BT (and have lived in this house for 17 years, and have always had BT as my landline and internet/broadband supplier), I'm unsure how my postcode can be wrong.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Unable to order data SIM as receiving error message that postcode doesn't match account

Hi @DM79

Welcome to the BT Community and thanks for posting.

Sorry for the problems you had placing your order and the mix up with your postcode.  Have you got everything sorted since your post?  If you still need a hand post back and we'll pick up from here.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Re: Unable to order data SIM as receiving error message that postcode doesn't match account

Hi Robbie,

I phoned up after posting this, and was told it was because I had renewed my Broadband contract, and that I would have to wait for that process to complete.  I was told that was due to complete yesterday, but I don't think it has, as when I log on to My BT, I'm still being shown broadband package offers.

I will leave it until early next week to see if my contract renewal shows up on the system, and will try again then to order the SIM, but if that doesn't work I will let you know

Message 4 of 7

hey @RobbieMac sorry to barge in on thread but could you take a look at my post? Not sure how actively mods look through threads

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi Robbie,

I’ve tried ordering the SIM again this week now that my broadband contract renewal has completed, but I’m still getting the same message saying that the postcode doesn’t match the account.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hey @DM79 you’d probably be best phoning 0800800150 press 1 then 2 and give them your account number and ask them to manually order for you

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

If it still doesn’t work, tell them to manually mark the ongoing order as complete and try again, if not try the next day as that should give the system time to update everything 

0 Ratings