cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 33

Re: Unable to send /receive WhatsApp images on cellular network

Go to solution

You can speak with one of my team Smiley Happy

We'll do some digging for you to see if there's anything that we can do to help.

To get in touch with us, click on my user name, view profile, and then copy and paste the link under "Moderation Team Email Address" into your browser.  Complete that form and we'll get back in touch with you.

Thanks

DanielS

g-lou11
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 33

Go to solution
Thank you DanielS.

I really appreciate your assistance.

I spoke to BT earlier today (after initially getting cut off from the first person...) but seems like nothing can be done (maybe why I was cut off?)

The general consensus is that it’s likely to be something to do with my network settings. WhatsApp have said that it is a BT issue as it works fine over WiFi (I never had a problem with them until I moved to BT). Having spoken to Apple and also looking on their website, they say that if I can’t I can’t access my APN or it is not visible then I need to speak to my provider (the option is simply not available to me on my handset).

The lady at BT told that my only options are to:

Go into an EE branch to see if they can find the ‘Mobile Data Network’ option on my phone (they won’t as it’s not there)

Go into Apple (I have already done this and they said it’s a BT issue)

Send my phone back for repair (where it will then go to Apple as above... not to mention the fact that I will be without a phone while this happens)

It seems I am stuck with this until my contract finishes with BT : (
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 33

Go to solution

You are very welcome @g-lou11,

I can't promise that we will be able to help you in the way you want but we will check everything that we possibly can. If there is a reason that we cannot help we will speak with you to explain why.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
sammy4703
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 33

Go to solution

In Whatsapp have you looked at Settings/ Data and storage usage/ Media auto-download - When using mobile data ?

0 Ratings
g-lou11
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 33

Go to solution

Hi @sammy4703

Yes, everything is set to 'Wi-Fi and Cellular' under this seting : (

0 Ratings
Subodhk58
Beginner
Message 16 of 33

Go to solution

Is there any further update on this issue as I have 3 IPhones with BT and they all have the same issue. When connected using Mobile data and using WhatsApp, all three users get the same error “ Couldn’t download image. Try again. If the problem keeps happening, try connecting to Wi-Fi.”

0 Ratings
g-lou11
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 33

Go to solution
Hello @Subodhk58.

I’m afraid I haven’t got anywhere with this and felt that I was going around in circles so gave up.

Now so see that you are also having issues, I have taken up the offer of @DanielS to look into it. I will give an update when I get one. Hopefully it’ll be a solution!
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 33

Go to solution

@g-lou11 thanks for sending in your details, I'm raising this with the BT Mobile team to see if we can do anything to help. As soon as they update me I'll get in touch with you.

0 Ratings
g-lou11
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 33

Go to solution
Thank you, @NeilO 🤞🏼
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 33

Go to solution

@g-lou11 I've had an update back from the mobile team who advised that this is not an network issue. They suggested this may be a WhatsApp settings issue as you're able to configure it to only download images and media on wifi only to limit the consumption of mobile data. I

They have asked if you can try the following steps?
- open whatsapp > menu > settings > data and storage usage > media auto-download when using mobile data
- tick photos, videos, etc...

Please can you post back to let me know if that works?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings