Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
g-lou11
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 33

Re: Unable to send /receive WhatsApp images on cellular network

Go to solution
Hi @NeilO. Yes, that was one of the first things I tried. I have also spoken to WhatsApp who said this:

“If you are experiencing issues with mobile data connection but have no issues accessing WhatsApp via Wi-Fi connection, then the issue is likely caused by your mobile data service provider or mobile data setting. Likewise, if you are experiencing issues only on Wi-Fi connection but not on mobile data connection, then the issue is likely caused by your network's security setting or your Internet service provider.”

“Since WhatsApp and its features only work with one of your connections at a time (either Wi-Fi or mobile data), and you're experiencing this problem on one of these connections, then please contact your service provider or network admin for more information.“
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 33

Go to solution

@g-lou11 I'm sorry that hasn't worked. I've asked my colleague in the Mobile team if there is anything further that we can do to help.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 33

Go to solution

@g-lou11 I'm sorry that hasn't worked. I've asked my colleague in the Mobile team if there is anything further that we can do to help.

0 Ratings
Subodhk58
Beginner
Message 24 of 33

Go to solution

@NeilO Some additional information that might help is that when I use a diffrent Company's SIM (i.e. O2) on the same phone then  my photos and videos download without any problem. I also recently went to Marrakech where I used a local company's sim card and again there were no problems in dowloading photos etc. The issue seems to be only with BT Sim card.

0 Ratings
Subodhk58
Beginner
Message 25 of 33

Go to solution

Hello @g-lou11

Good news. I have found out that this issues occurs due to your "Parental Control" setting being too high. If you amend the setting to "Light" then everything works fine.

I hope this helps. 

Message 26 of 33

Go to solution

Try to reset the factory setting of the phone. Sometimes the network setting is saved to default 3G. It happens that the user change the settings to 4G but it remains 3G only. So by restoring phone settings it might change to 4G.

0 Ratings
g-lou11
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 33

Go to solution
Hello @Subodhk58

Thank you so much for your suggestion which has resolved my problem. A simple fix in the end!

Thank you!
0 Ratings
jab789
Message 28 of 33

Go to solution

After trying a million and one different things to resolve this issue, I realised that simply changing the DNS address from the default BT one, to a manual one on my phone resolved this issue for me. I used Google's 8.8.8.8 DNS address.  

EDIT : this applied to Home WiFi problems, not cellular. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 29 of 33

Go to solution

@jab789wrote:

After trying a million and one different things to resolve this issue, I realised that simply changing the DNS address from the default BT one, to a manual one on my phone resolved this issue for me. I used Google's 8.8.8.8 DNS address.  

I suspect your issue was something else. This topic is about using data on the mobile network, not wifi using a home internet connection.

0 Ratings
jab789
Message 30 of 33

Go to solution
Right you are; posted on wrong thread.
0 Ratings