Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dot12b
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Upgraded mobile and contract yesterday now contract details in myBT wrong

Go to solution

Upgraded phone and contract yesterday - new phone due to arrive tomorrow. But now looking at myBT mobile contract there are a few issues:

• Contract ordered was £31/month but with BT broadband get £5 discount/month to take it to £26/month - However contract shows as £31/month
  • I indicated during order we have Halo so was due additional 12GB/month free - That's also not shown on contract now
  • Shown my phone as my current device - so when does this change to my new one?
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
-Richie-
Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Upgraded mobile and contract yesterday now contract details in myBT wrong

Go to solution

@dot12bwrote:

• Contract ordered was £31/month but with BT broadband get £5 discount/month to take it to £26/month - However contract shows as £31/month
  • I indicated during order we have Halo so was due additional 12GB/month free - That's also not shown on contract now
  • Shown my phone as my current device - so when does this change to my new one?

Your order confirmation will show the ongoing charges, your contract is technically for £31 going from your info, the extra £5 off is a bonus from having BT broadband, should you cancel the broadband you would pay £31 as that is the contracted amount for the handset.

Double data is also not tied to the mobile handset contract, again it's an added bonus for having BT broadband with Halo benefits, should you cancel the broadband or move to a non Halo package you would lose the double data and have the amount you signed up for on the handset order.

The device will update once the handset is received and the order closes, it will update on its own.

Hope that makes sense 🙂

dot12b
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Upgraded mobile and contract yesterday now contract details in myBT wrong

Go to solution

Thank you, yes that makes sense. Also spoke with a BT advisor who noted that the Halo data freebie had failed when tried to add to my account. So he sorted that for me. You confirmed what he said too about the BT broadband discount applying when I get the new handset - He just advised I should just check my next bill to make sure it's been applied ok.

Thanks a lot for your help.

0 Ratings