Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Upload Speed BT Mobile.

Hi,

I bought the iphone Xs from BT in February 2019. When I set it up I checked my speed with Ookla speedchecker.

I was getting around 60 - 70 mbps download speed and upload speed was about 40 - 50mbps. These were better speeds than my fibre optic at home which was between 33 - 35mbps download and 8 - 9 mbps  upload.

Around August I noticed my speed had dropped significantly on the upload speed, it was as low as 0.5mbps and no more than 2.5mbps.

I contracted onto the new Halo end of last year with the fastest speed available. My download speed increased to around 90mbps, sometimes over 100mbps? The Upload speed hasn't changed. Today, I checked it twice, with the WiFi switched off on the phone and still getting 90+ mbps download, but upload was till very slow, around 1.2 to 1.5mbps? I have reported this to BT.

Today I was contacted by BT and I'm afraid the guy (I assume from India) hadn't got a clue what I was trying to tell him. He kept going on about my speeds at home on the fibre optic.

Can anyone tell me what speeds I am supposed to get on Halo with the top - down/up load speeds available?

To go from 40 to 50 mbps upload this time last year to snails pace there must be something wrong?

Thank you and looking forward to a response.

Gerry.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Upload Speed BT Mobile.

Is the upload speed the same wherever you are or is it just slow at home?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I haven't tried that, I live in a rural area so next time I go into town which is about 10 miles away I'll check and get back to you.

Best wishes..

Gerry

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Okay, Been into town, (Penzance) and checked the speed today.

Today 5th February 2020 13.40hrs.

1st test Download 175mbps - Upload  42.5mbps

2nd test Download 138mbps  - Upload 53.8mbps

Today 5th February 14.30hrs at Arqiva site Carn Bean Trewellard West Cornwall.

1st test Download 130mbps - Upload 11.1mbps

2nd Test Download 141mbps - Upload 13mbps.

Last picture was a screen shot from 23rd January 2020

Test Download 83.8mbps Upload 1.94mbps.

Upload speed has improved slightly here but still not as good as Penzance. I was told by a BT caller that 1.5mbps Upload was about the average???

IMG_3005.jpgIMG_3006.jpgIMG_3008.jpgIMG_3009.jpgIMG_2875.jpgIMG_2932.jpg

0 Ratings