Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
PaulFox
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Using tablets with sims

Go to solution

I have a Samsung Tab S tablet 4G/Lte version that takes a sim card. There are also iPads that have SIM slots for mobile broadband.

Do these new plans (20Gb Data allowance) work in tablets or are they phones only?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Using tablets with sims

Go to solution

Please read this part of the terms and conditions, it looks like you will be fine using a tablet.

Appropriate devices

1. The SIM we provide may only be used with mobile devices which are approved for connection to our service.
  2. You are responsible for ensuring that your mobile device is compatible with the features we offer and that you wish to use (for example, this means you will need a 4G capable device to use our 4G service).
  3. You must not use our services with:
  1. mobile broadband devices (which means devices that you may plug into a laptop or computer that would use our service to provide internet access, sometimes known as a dongle or USB modem); or
  2. mobile wi-fi devices (which means a device that uses our service to provide internet access to other wi-fi enabled devices); or
  3. devices that access the internet using a SIM, but are not mobile phones or tablets (for example, laptops with SIM); or
  4. any device that may access our Wi-Fi network and is not a mobile phone or tablet that uses a BT Mobile SIM.
PaulFox
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks. That is great news. I have also just found this link which also confirms that you can use Tablet phones.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/49993/kw/tablet/c/7168,7525,7551

There are a few tablets out there mainly Samsung that have phone capabilities. I have the Samsung Tab S 8.4 4G/LTE.

I am currently with (not for long though) the Three network that does NOT allow the tablet/phones on their phone plans! They appear to use the IMEI id to check what the device is. So I have been stuck with a data only plan... no free talk time or text.

0 Ratings
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

This seems an odd condition, you can use the sim in a tablet equipped with a sim slot but I'm not able to tether my tablet to my phone, very inconsistent.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I think that BT only want one device per SIM to be connected, tethering could resullt in more than one connection, especially if it was a personal hotspot.

0 Ratings