cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdtayloruk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Visual voicemail - why can’t you share EE visual voicemail server?

Hi, just joined BT mobile on an exceptionally good deal. Can one of the mods say when visual voicemail will be available?

The thing is you piggy back on EE and they offer it in fact you own EE so why can’t BT mobile customers get to use the visual voicemail via the EE servers when I suspect a lot of the other things may be done through their systems to. I have just set up HulloMail to get around this as my deal is to good to go elsewhere but I use to really like visual voicemail it’s a shame I don’t have it now.

The other question would you offer an introductory deal for it in terms of paid whilst it gets trialled or something?
6 REPLIES 6
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Visual voicemail - why can’t you share EE visual voicemail server?

Hi @jdtayloruk

You’ve asked some good questions but BT don’t give timelines or information on items until they launch down to what they call commercial sensitivity. 

But you also answer some of your own questions. BT own EE but they run as two separate companies with two business models. BT would not be able to be offer the exact same features and services as EE at the prices they do without hurting its other business EE. 

I am sure it will come at some point but there’s been no rumour of an imminent release. BT mobile has evolved a lot from its conception and offers more then any other MVNO whilst maintaining a competitive range of price plans I suppose they have to Watch what they bring to the table without hitting the pricing. 

In regards to paying to use a service that hasn’t launched, you could register to become a consumer trislist but there’s no guarantee you’ll get on a project based on your equipment and profile they invite you to join each trial. Your services maybe affected during the trials and you will be required if chosen to complete task. 

0 Ratings
clever_trevor
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

I heard from BT Business (account manager) that Visual VoiceMail is due in 3rd Qtr - so hopefully something coming....

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

@clever_trevor

I also assume that the account manager you referred to also said that BT business and BT consumer mobile accounts are run differently, so what happens on one doesn’t mean it will happen on the other.  

0 Ratings
jdtayloruk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Lets wait and see hopefully not long now as I do think that feature could bring a lot of new customers.

0 Ratings
clever_trevor
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

not exactly - but can live in hope that once its on business side - might come to consumers - anyways - live in hope
0 Ratings
Seamaster
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

@jdtaylorukwrote:
Visual voicemail - why can’t you share EE visual voicemail server?

Because EE customers pay a lot more, and get a lot more as a result.

If BT Mobile MVNO customers got everything EE customers got at a greatly reduced price, what would be the point of EE?

This is the whole point of BT's multiple brands strategy. Some customers want the best features, some want the lowest price. You have a choice.