cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Voicemail Notifications - Galaxy A70

Go to solution

I recently switched provider, for my Samsung Galaxy A70, from EE to BT and have an annoying, ongoing problem. Ever since inserting the BT sim in the  Sim 1 carrier in the phone the notification for new Voicemail will not disappear when selecting the Clear option and remains annoyingly and stubbornly in Notifications at all times. This is a considerable irritant because it means I have to check frequently to determine whether what I am seeing is, in fact, a new notification - a new message - or a historic one - no message. For example, my phone, currently, shows a notification for a new Voicemail BT at 12:40 but I received no call at this time and Voicemail informs me that I have no messages. If anyone can help me with this little, but irritating problem, I would be most grateful.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Voicemail Notifications - Galaxy A70

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @Keelingt, welcome to the forum and, sorry you are having this incorrect notification. I have a look at the Samsung site and found How To Remove Voicemail Notifications when they don't disappear as normal. Have a look at the Clear The Cache and Data section and hopefully, this will fix things for you.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply.  Unfortunately, in my case, this method was unsuccessful and I have delayed my response until I was able to find a method that did work. The problem was being caused by an EE voicemail alert that was still live when my number was ported over to BT. In the final event, but after several calls to others, I spoke to a very helpful gentleman in BT's Mobile, Technical Help department who was able to correct this problem from their end and I have had no problems since.

0 Ratings