Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mrhodge22
Beginner
Message 1 of 18

Voicemail icon constantly showing!

Go to solution
Hello,
I have just switched from EE to BT mobile.
as of yesterday there is constantly a Voicemail symbol on the notification bar on my phone!
upon checking my voicemails it turns out i have no messages!!
i have tried everything bar a factory reset and cannot solve this! it's extremely f***ing annoying!!!!
any one else encountered this issue recently that could help me?

Thanks in advance
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Fusionmoth
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 18

Re: Voicemail icon constantly showing!

Go to solution
This will be a voicemail that was still on your EE inbox when you moved to BT, the phone still has the trigger to alert you. I know this because BT don't do the icons and it's a common thing when you port a number from one network to another whereby the losing network (in your case EE) haven't disabled the voicemail inbox for you yet.

Give BT a ring, there'll be a script they can run which sends a trigger request to your phone to remove the notification .
0 Ratings
mrhodge22
Beginner
Message 3 of 18

Go to solution
Thank you very much for your response! i will give it a try.
0 Ratings
mrhodge22
Beginner
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution
i have rang BT and they seem to think it is a problem with my phone! i don't believe this to be the case as i tried my sim in a friends phone after the conversation with bt and the voicemail issue is still present!!
i will ring them again tomorrow but where do i stand in terms of my rights with this issue as its not exactly catastrophic?
would a new sim card solve the problem maybe?
0 Ratings
Fusionmoth
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution
A new SIM card wouldn't make any odds. If you get through to a complete numpty as them to escalate it somewhere cause they can do it ...
0 Ratings
ickle1999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution
Got this same problem. In fact I had no voicemail notice and I watched it pop up without an incoming call.

Has anyone else managed to get this script run to fix the issue?
0 Ratings
Fusionmoth
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution
It's a common thing that every MNO and MVNO has the ability to do, i know this cause i work in geek squad and come across it all too often and i en up ringing the companies asking them to run it, I've had BT do it for me once without any hassle, the majority of the time though I'm phoning either EE, o2, Vodafone, asda mobile or tesco mobile
0 Ratings
mrhodge22
Beginner
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution
i tried to ask bt to do it for me but they were having none of it for some reason.
they sent me a new sim in the end and that sorted it thankfully in my case
0 Ratings
Fusionmoth
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution
Strange that a new SIM sorted it as shouldn't hold any bearing, either way glad it was sorted for you
0 Ratings
Porterdavejp
Beginner
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution

I also have the same problem I.e. A message that says I have a new Voicemail when I haven't! What is worse, it will not swipe away. Neither my old supplier O2 or my new supplier seem to know anything about a script to fix this or what the solution is.

Has anybody out there had this problem fixed WITHOUT BEING SENT A REPLACEMENT SIM. THIS SEEMS TO HAVE WORKED FOR MANY PEOPLE on this thread and an earlier thread from 2015. I cannot understand why replacing the SIM would solve this problem. Can anybody please help. This is infuriating.

0 Ratings