Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anjasola
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 35

Voicemail

Go to solution
My problem is I never use voicemail and because I am not in the UK it can't be turned off, what's more the voicemail message can't be changed.
I did not setup voicemail, I did not activate a pin back in the UK .
Is it true voicemail and or message can't be changed/turned off until my return to the UK?
Any help advice replies appreciated
0 Ratings
34 REPLIES 34
xbox
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 35

Voicemail will NOT switch off

Go to solution
I dialled 15710 to disable voicemail. I did this on 1 April. I know I did because it is still showing in my call log. I heard a truncated announcement telling me it was done.
Today I received a voicemail.
So I switched voicemail off again by again dialling 15710. I got the same announcement again. Later, I received a voicemail again.
Rinse, repeat.
How do I switch off voicemail for good?
(Same thing happening on another BT SIM on my account).
0 Ratings
Message 2 of 35

Re: Voicemail will NOT switch off

Go to solution

Hi @xbox  and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry you're having problems disabling the voicemail option. Have you deleted all voicemails before trying to switch it off? Do you remember how this was resolved on your SIM account?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
xbox
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 35

Go to solution
1) There were no messages before I first switched it off. It is the first thing I do when I get a new SIM
2) It has not been resolved on the other SIM. It is the exact same situation, new SIM, mind of its own.
I'm concerned as I have read another thread by a guy who went to France, had already disabled Voicemail, only to find it still active and kicking in before he could ever answer his phone (something to do with connection delay whilst roaming - voicemail picked up almost as soon as he heard the phone ring). Being on a foreign network he had no means to re-disable voicemail as it only works on the home network.
Anyway, I digress. But clearly mine is not an isolated case. How hard must it be to just kill voicemail stone dead please?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 35

Go to solution

Thanks for getting back @xbox 

It sounds like you've tried everything at your side. I can't promise it'll be an easy fix but I'll take a look into this for you. I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team.
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage we're a few days behind but once we pick up the case we'll be in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
xbox
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 35

Go to solution
Had a call from BT about this enquiring of me whether it was fixed yet. I told the guy to hang up and call me straight back, I would leave the call unanswered. It went to voicemail. Aaargh! How hard can it be to switch voicemail OFF when you run the network!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 35

Re: Voicemail

Go to solution

If it's an Android phone, open the phone app and tap the menu (3 vertical dots top right) > Settings > Calls > Call forwarding > turn all options off.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Anjasola
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 35

Go to solution
Thanks for posting.
I do have an Android phone however settings you advise not available
0 Ratings
tonyw1
Contributor
Message 9 of 35

Go to solution
After many hours on the phone with customer support on this subject, they finally admitted that there is nothing I can do about it as it is a feature of BT mobile that when in roaming it adopts the default settings of the local host network and if that is "voicemail on" then voicemail will activate automatically and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. Extremely annoying and frustrating as I never use voicemail. I even asked for voicemail to be permanently removed from my accounts, but no, not possible. When roaming, I have to make a mad dash for my phone when it rings before it diverts to voicemail after three or four rings. I have recorded a custom voicemail message saying "Please do not leave a message as I don't use voicemail but, annoyingly, BT keep turning it on". You can record a new message when roaming even though you can't turn it off. Truly annoying! https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Mobile/How-to-turn-off-voicemail-when-roaming/td-p/1855301
0 Ratings
Anjasola
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 35

Go to solution
Thank you for your reply and link.
Your experience mirrors mine very poor service from BT Mobile and for me a different story with each BT employee.
I asked about changing the voicemail message and was advised not possible when roaming.
0 Ratings