Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tonyw1
Contributor
Message 11 of 35

Re: Voicemail

Go to solution
As you say, a different story from each employer. They try to help but the system fights them all the way. I was able to record a new message while roaming. Basically they are now saying that the system is fine, I can make and receive calls and SMS while roaming and that is all they are contracted to provide. I'm roaming now, my wife had to phone me many times yesterday to get through because it kept going to voicemail and I was in a noisy environment so didn't hear it in time.
0 Ratings
Anjasola
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 35

Go to solution
When I return to the UK and have the time and facilities to make a stronger complaint it will be done. For me the ability to disable voicemail is a 'deal breaker' .
What a 'clunky' system BT Mobile seem to have.
If the MD of BT wanted his/her voicemail disabled I get the feeling it would be accomplished.
0 Ratings
tonyw1
Contributor
Message 13 of 35

Go to solution
They say not because it can't be done. You are following in my footsteps, I hope you have better luck than I did. Try logging a complaint as that really gets their attention, lots of phone calls, but sadly no resolution. I don't want to change supplier because as a "plus" customer for broadband I get double data on both my mobile accounts but I am getting to the end of my tether.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 35

Go to solution

You said you can't access the settings I suggested in Message 2. If you're not using the stock Android phone app, it might be worth trying it to see if that does the trick. If it's not already on your phone you can download from Google Play if you have Android 7.0 (Nougat) or later.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
tonyw1
Contributor
Message 15 of 35

Go to solution

That was the first thing I tried last year. All are off on my phone but voicemail activates as soon as I am in roaming and turns off again when I am back in UK. This problem is independant of any settings, either on the phone or by using the voicemail codes.

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 16 of 35

Go to solution

That's surprising, but thanks for clearing it up, @tonyw1.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
tonyw1
Contributor
Message 17 of 35

Go to solution

BT Mobile employees tell me it's down to their network partner, which I believe is EE. I was with EE before moving to BT and I have never suffered this nonsense with them or any other mobile operator.

The really annoying thing is that they don't see it as a serious problem, which it is for people who do not want to use voicemail.

I'm surprised that there is no way to turn it off completely.

All of my services will be out of contract in six months so I'll be looking for another supplier for my £60 a month package, which is a shame because BT Fibre is really good now that Openreach has sorted out my line problems, rock solid 70mbps down 20mbps up.

0 Ratings
Anjasola
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 35

Go to solution
Anyone from BT care to comment?
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 35

Go to solution

Hi everyone,

We have spoken with our product team and they have confirmed that when roaming abroad voicemail is activated automatically and that you do not have the capability to deactivate this. This is how the Voicemail platform has been built. I appreciate that my response will come as a disappointment and for that I am truly sorry.

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Anjasola
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 35

Go to solution
Thank you for replying Neil.
The voicemail is a major problem for me and had I been aware of the situation my business would have been placed elsewhere. I will contact BT Mobile and ask to be 'released ' from the contact due to the problem.
0 Ratings