Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tonyw1
Contributor
Message 21 of 35

Re: Voicemail

Go to solution

I got the impression that no one in BT customer support knew this until I made a huge fuss when I got back from Spain last December. The problem for us is that I guess most people use voicemail so there is no incentive for BT to rebuild their platform to correct the problem.

tonyw1
Contributor
Message 22 of 35

Go to solution

I even tried to record a number unodtainable tone as a message but the system wouldn't accept it, too clever by half.

tonyw1
Contributor
Message 23 of 35

Go to solution

And the solution is..... there is no solution.

Anjasola
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 35

Go to solution
I cannot understand why this problem has been marked as solved.
Far from it ....
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 25 of 35

Go to solution

@Anjasola wrote:
I cannot understand why this problem has been marked as solved.

It's not what you wanted but your initial question has been answered accurately. That's the sense in which it's been marked as solved, so that anyone else with the same query can readily find the answer.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
tonyw1
Contributor
Message 26 of 35

Go to solution

Sorry, but that just adds insult to injury!

The problem has not been solved, denying that there is a problem is just a cop out.

Someone made a mistake when the voicemail platform was built but instead of fixing it we are being told that it is a feature.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
tonyw1
Contributor
Message 27 of 35

Go to solution

Can someone please escalate this and open a complaint.

The voicemail system, when roaming, is not suitable for purpose.

0 Ratings
Anjasola
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 35

Go to solution
PottyPerson
It's not what you wanted but your initial question has been answered accurately. That's the sense in which it's been marked as solved, so that anyone else with the same query can readily find the answer..

If the answer is BTMobile voicemail has a serious fault inbuilt I concur, however to me this is not acceptable.
Default position of voicemail when roaming is on without the ability to turn off until returning to the UK is to me fault.
0 Ratings
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 29 of 35

Go to solution

Surely it could only be classed as a fault if a specific feature dididn't function as it should. If a service doesn't offer a specific feature that you require, then the solution is to use a provider that offers the features that you require.

tonyw1
Contributor
Message 30 of 35

Go to solution

There is a feature to turn off voicemail but it doesn't work while in roaming.

0 Ratings