cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mushi7
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

WIFI CALLING

I recently joined BT Mobile, taking 2 sims. We have a Samsung Galaxy S6 and S7. The main inducement after speaking on, on line chat with a BT operative was the wifi calling service which BT provides. We cannot make calls on mobile in the house and it is an absolute struggle to send a text. Therefore, wifi calling is a must.

Both phones have a wifi calling section in CONNECTIONS, however it is not live and cannot be switched on. Why can BT not offer a solution to this problem through an App or a remedial service to remove the blocking firmware/software which has been inserted by a mobile service provider who doesn`t want Joe public to make calls down the internet. 

I would happily pay a sensible fee for this service and feel somewhat duped at present.BT simply saying that it may not work and you are better off shelling a £1000 on a contract phone is not a feasable option.

Any opinions welcomed

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
barnpiece
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: WIFI CALLING

Since I could not get WiFi Calling on my phone, I bought a BT Signal Assist box which connects to my router and provides a local 3G signal all around the house. IT was under £25 (including postage) and I now use my mobiles phone for all calls at home.

Richard

0 Ratings
mushi7
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Hi Barnpiece,

Many,many thanks for the advice. How strong was your signal before it was boosted? Is this Assist box widely available

0 Ratings
mushi7
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

As you suggested, I purchased a signal assist box. It arrived quickly and I connected it EXACTLY as per instructions. After 2 days of a rapidly flashing green light, I received an email from BT saying my box had been activated. 

I  disconnected and reconnected the box, as per instuctions. After a further 3 days of rapid green light flashing, I called BT. The call was answered but an advisor who only had a very limited flow chart. He suggested resetting the box but this merely brought the green flashing light back.

I was advised that I would be contacted within 2 days. No joy so far.

0 Ratings
mushi7
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

BT must be mind readers. Email received whislt typing previous saying box activated.

It was, came on line after 2 minutes of flashing green light. Phone now displaying 5 bars.

Please ignore previous rant.

Merry Christmas and thank you

0 Ratings
Highlighted
barnpiece
Expert
Message 6 of 6

Glad its all sorted out now.

Best Wishes.

Richard

0 Ratings