Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brookzy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

What happens when my contract ends?

Go to solution

Hi everyone

I currently have a Family SIM contract that ends early next year. I have 5 SIMs at the moment with 15GB of data each.

I've read my paperwork and apparently there is a 12 month contract for the plan and 30 day rolling contracts for the SIMs. Forgive my ignorance what does this mean exactly?

Does it mean that I can add or remove SIMs at will, provided I give 30 days' notice, but that each SIM must be the 15GB option? Or alternatively does it mean I must keep all 5 SIMs for 12 months, but can change the amount of data on them with 30 days' notice? It is very confusing.

Anyway, when the 12 months is over, what happens? Can I sign up to another 12 month contract depending on what deals are available at the time? If so, can I just do this online or do I have to call up?

Will BT contact me when my contract is about to end with an offer, or do I have to put the data in my diary?

I dont want to just leave an elapsed contract ticking over because the new singups always seem to come with a generous iTunes or Amazon voucher.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Fusionmoth
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: What happens when my contract ends?

Go to solution
The first SIM is a 12 month contract, the additional are 30 days.
You won't be contacted by BT to inform you.
You could recontract if you want, but I believe the vouchers are for new customers, so to be one you'd have to cancel all SIM cards, lose the numbers and take out new SIM cards (or port your number elsewhere and then port back to BT after ceasing and taking out new Sims).

At the end of your 12 months, you are then in a 30 day rolling contract (so just 30 days notice to leave).
As the vouchers won't be eligible for existing customers simply recontracting your best bet is to phone up, request to speak to retentions and see if they can do you a deal instead (5 discounted Sims probably works out better than a voucher anyway).

brookzy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply.

That's a shame. I've been looking for a while now at the T&Cs and I can't find anything that says the vouchers are for new customers only.

0 Ratings
Fusionmoth
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
I could be wrong brookzy, I'm just going off what most companies do - entice you in with something special as a new customer/connection .
I'd imagine they don't give them away for recontracting purely for the fact that they gave away profits in year 1 of your contract hoping you'd stay based on service/value , to then give away some of them profits again for year 2 doesn't make much business sense (to me anyway). Think about it, some people will just stay out of ease
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@brookzy wrote:
I've been looking for a while now at the T&Cs and I can't find anything that says the vouchers are for new customers only.

Inducements aren't part of the service and therefore will not be covered by the service T&C. The relevant T&C are here, and your point is covered in the first paragraph.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings