Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aukson
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Whats your roaming and tethering experience in EU

Hi, 

Im thinking about switching from Three to BTMobile. I am travelling a lot to EU so I need decent internet access while abroad - Three is acceptable on mobile but once I start to use my phone as hotspot its unusable. 
Ive been with EE before and roaming was excellent so I'm hoping for same from BTMobile at much better price ...

What is your experience in BTMobile? 

Thanks for any replies

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
JohnC2
Message 2 of 5

Re: Whats your roaming and tethering experience in EU

Hi @aukson welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I have not had the opportunity to test out BT Mobile abroad so maybe some community members have and will post back to you. 

You can find information How do I check the costs of using BT Mobile abroad re the countries included in Roam Like Home.

Cheers
John 

0 Ratings
murielbond
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

I have just returned from 3 weeks in France and was unable to tether to my husbands phone. It didn't work the other way either and he is with Smarty which runs off the three network

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

I have been able to tether whilst in the EU ever since moving to BT Mobile. In fact I am doing so at the moment!

IIRC there was a carrier update on iOS which allowed it around the time Roam like Home started.

Have only ever used it to tether an iPad to an iPhone however, which are tightly integrated devices.

0 Ratings
StewM
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

I regularly use mobile in Portugal with no problems at all. I also have no problems tethering Samsung S7 with Ipads.

Stew

0 Ratings